Brown-Forman Chemist - Research & Development in Louisville, Kentucky
Scope of Position:
Supports Brown-Forman Research & Development projects by performing testing/experimentation/product development or process research work assignments. Uses established scientific tools and procedures. Solves routine and standard problems. Takes requests, implements testing, and analyzes and interprets data with supervision.
• Developing and maintaining regulatory and certificates database with regulatory team.
• Performing analysis on samples to populate database, nutritional calculations, managing library of products.
• Supporting senior chemists in research and production support related projects, testing and data analysis.
• Development of new methods and equipment validation for plants.
• Support for process R&D and product development research projects.
• Troubleshoot issues at plants and counterfeit product investigation.
• Ability to effectively communicate results out to broader team.
40%Takes test, experimental, product development or process research requests from supervisor or internal customers. Determines and performs routine testing/experiments and structured work assignments.
20%Build Relationships across the organization. Understands the business background to the work requests and adapts approach accordingly.
15%Collects, analyzes and interprets data using established methods and issues reports to supervisor or internal customer with minimum supervision.
15%Leads and coordinates implementation of assigned projects internal to own function with minimal supervision.
10%Monitors and maintains instruments, troubleshoots product issues using standard procedures. Maintains operating supply inventories.
Required Experience & Education:
Bachelors Degree in Chemistry or related science
• 2+ years experience working in a lab or related environment
• Demonstrated ability to conduct analytical testing by following test methods and accurately interpreting results.
• Database experience
• Basic lab knowledge
Preferred Experience & Education:
Education: College/University (Bachelors or Equivalent); Chemistry
• Knowledge of food/beverage alcohol production a plus
• Be Curious/Continuous Learning & Development: Quickly assimilates and applies new information. Capitalizes on learning opportunities.
• Be Curious/Accurate Self-Insight: Demonstrates an awareness of own strengths and development needs.
• Be Courageous/Managing Through Ambiguity: Maintains effectiveness when experiencing changes in work responsibilities or environment.
• Be Courageous/Personal Initiative: Seizes opportunities and holds oneself accountable for delivering results.
• Be Collaborative/Building Productive Relationships & Partnerships: Develops and uses collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
• Be Creative/Use of Resources: Efficient use of time without compromising quality.
• Be a Champion of Your Role: Is a functional expert for role.
• Be a Champion of Brown-Forman Brands: Learns about, communicates and builds awareness about the Brown-Forman brand and our portfolio.
• Be a Champion/Drive for Results Every Day: Sets high goals for personal accomplishment.#SM#TSM
For more than 145 years, Brown-Forman Corporation has enriched the experience of life by responsibly building fine quality beverage alcohol brands, including Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, Jack Daniel’s & Cola, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Fire, Gentleman Jack, Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel, Finlandia, Korbel, el Jimador, Woodford Reserve, Old Forester, Canadian Mist, Herradura, New Mix, Sonoma-Cutrer, Early Times, Chambord, BenRiach and GlenDronach. Brown-Forman’s brands are supported by nearly 4,600 employees and sold in approximately 160 countries worldwide
For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Production
Country: United States
Req Type: Exempt