Brown-Forman Consumer Digital Intelligence Analyst in Louisville, Kentucky
Position Title: Consumer Digital Intelligence Analyst
Business Area: NAR SAMIE (Sales & Marketing Integration & Execution)
Location: Louisville, KY
Reports To: Emerging Consumer Trends and Digital Insights Manager (Manager 1) and Director of Media and Digital Marketing (Manager 2)
The Consumer and Shopper Insights (CSI) team focuses on understanding the human behind the numbers: the drivers behind consumer and shopper behavior that informs business-building solutions for both the commercial and brand teams.
The Consumer Digital Intelligence Analyst will primarily mine unprompted social data to understand the drivers behind brand choice and consumer and shopper behavior. They will also assist their manager in identifying emerging Consumer Trends.
Mine existing digital insights tools/channels
• Mine digital tools/channels, including those in social media (Crimson Hexagon, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, FourSquare, Crowdtap, etc.), for actionable insights.
• Translate findings from these tools to brand, selling, and retailer insights.
• Combine data from multiple sources into straightforward, insights-based research that is consumable, clear, and understandable
• Champion more detailed, ad-hoc analysis, ensuring that opportunities for deeper research are highlighted and explored when appropriate
Understand and convey how wine and spirits consumer/shopper behavior and attitudes are shifting with the changing digital environment, including E-Premise
• Stay on the leading edge of digital developments that affect the wine and spirit consumption/shopping experience.
• Explore how this affects the behavior/attitudes/motivations of wine and spirit consumers/shoppers.
• Understand and convey how these changes affect B-F’s business and how brand and field partners, as well as retailers, can shift their practices to better position themselves against these changes.
• Identify potential opportunities for tapping into existing purchase data, via partners, or proxy metrics such as search indicators (i.e. Google Trends)
Act as an ambassador and advocate for digital insights
• Help others in the organization to use and adopt this relatively new insights area
Champion Growing the Insights Team’s Ability to Create Actionable Insights
• Partner with other Insights partners both within the CSI team and without to develop insights that realize consumer and sales opportunities
• Constructively and openly bring issues/barriers to the forefront and help solve them
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s Degree and at least one year in Shopper, Consumer or Digital Insights or equivalent education/experience combination.
• Experience in looking at data, connecting the dots, and telling a story
• A positive, ideas person, and continuous learner who is looking for new possibilities; a self-starter who will go looking for relevant questions to be answered, who constantly brings ideas to the table
• Ability to manage through ambiguity, set priorities, and balance competing demands for time.
• Highly self-aware and able to quickly internalize feedback and course-correct
• Team player who can appreciate and use inputs from others, someone who knows when to push and when to relax, who seeks out non-confirming opinions and input
• Fluency in English
• Social listening experience
• Fluency in Spanish
For more than 145 years, Brown-Forman Corporation has enriched the experience of life by responsibly building fine quality beverage alcohol brands, including Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, Jack Daniel’s & Cola, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Fire, Gentleman Jack, Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel, Finlandia, Korbel, el Jimador, Woodford Reserve, Old Forester, Canadian Mist, Herradura, New Mix, Sonoma-Cutrer, Early Times, Chambord, BenRiach and GlenDronach. Brown-Forman’s brands are supported by nearly 4,600 employees and sold in approximately 160 countries worldwide
For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: NAR Operations
Country: United States
Req Type: Exempt