Brown-Forman Cooperage Laborer in Louisville, Kentucky
Brown-Forman Cooperage is the one of the world's largest producers of whiskey barrels. The Cooperage makes white oak barrels for maturing some of our fine brands, including Jack Daniel's, Early Times, Old Forester, and Woodford Reserve.
Brown-Forman Cooperage is looking for team members to work in their barrel making facility.
This position will be hired directly by Brown-Forman Cooperage and is likely to be a temporary assignment lasting between approximately 12 and 24 months
• High school diploma or GED
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Must be able to read and write English
• Must be able to understand basic mathematics and read a tape measure
• 2 years production experience, manufacturing experience or equivalent type work
• Excellent hand eye coordination
• Be able and willing to learn and apply all Safety procedures and work practices
• Be able and willing to learn and apply all Quality work practices
• Be able and willing to learn and apply all Environmental and Housekeeping requirements
• Must join a Union within 30 days and complete a 70 work day probationary period
• Must be available to work the mostly the afternoon shift (2 nd shift) or any other shift as needed and overtime as necessary
• Must pass drug screen, physical abilities test, and background check
• Ability to work in a team environment and be self-motivated
• Heavy lifting and carrying from the ground to waist height and pushing, pulling and maneuvering up to 110 pounds on an occasional basis
• Previous experience in a wood related industry
• Previous experience with wood working equipment
• Previous time spent on safety, quality or environmental teams at a manufacturing facility
Hourly starting wage of $16.93 with the potential based on position to go from -$18.57 - $20.92. A $0.50 per hour shift differential for the afternoon shift.
• Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
• Paid Vacation
• Holiday Pay
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• 401K Savings Plan and much more…
For more than 145 years, Brown-Forman Corporation has enriched the experience of life by responsibly building fine quality beverage alcohol brands, including Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, Jack Daniel’s & Cola, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Fire, Gentleman Jack, Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel, Finlandia, Korbel, el Jimador, Woodford Reserve, Old Forester, Canadian Mist, Herradura, New Mix, Sonoma-Cutrer, Early Times, Chambord, BenRiach and GlenDronach. Brown-Forman’s brands are supported by nearly 4,600 employees and sold in approximately 160 countries worldwide
For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Production
Country: United States
Req Type: Non-exempt