Brown-Forman Director - Global Quality Assurance in Louisville, Kentucky
Responsible for the technical oversight and management of product quality for all Brown-Forman products globally. Leads a team of Quality professionals who set the quality systems, housekeeping and sanitation guidelines for internal and external manufacturing sites. Works closely with production Quality Control groups to provide oversight and guidance on day to day quality concerns. Collaborates with Brand and Design partners for the establishment of product specifications that delight our consumers. Leads the troubleshooting, root cause investigation, communication and corrective actions work for product quality issues globally. Responsible for the continuous improvement of quality performance of Brown-Forman products.
● Chairs Brown-Forman Recall Committee that leads the investigation, resolution and recall (if required) for all quality issues for assigned brands.
● Develops quality assurance plans by conducting hazard analyses; identifying critical control points and preventive measures; establishing critical limits, monitoring procedures, corrective actions, and verification procedures
● Assures quality products and processes by establishing and enforcing quality standards and testing materials and products.
● Validates quality processes by establishing product specifications and quality attributes; measuring production; documenting evidence; determining operational and performance qualification; writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
● Maintain and improve product quality by completing product, system, and compliance audits
● Leads the tracking and investigating of all customer complaints globally
● Establishes quality and reliability standards by studying product and consumer requirements with other members of management and with production operators, technicians, and engineers.
● Develops raw material standards by studying manufacturing and engineering requirements, conferring and negotiating with suppliers, and devising testing methods and procedures.
● Implements in-process product inspection standards by studying manufacturing methods and devising testing methods and procedures.
● Establishes standards for the disposition of finished product by devising evaluation tests, methods, and procedures.
● Institutes rework standards by devising inspection and physical testing methods and procedures.
● Creates product quality documentation system by writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
● Maintains product quality by enforcing quality assurance policies and procedures and government requirements.
● Collaborates with other members of management to develop new product and engineering designs and manufacturing and training methods.
● Prepares product and process quality reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
● Completes quality assurance operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and following up on work results.
● Develops a quality assurance staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
● Manages quality assurance staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees.
● Ensures quality by planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
● Updates job knowledge by studying trends and developments in quality management; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
● Achieves financial objectives by preparing the quality assurance budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
● Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
● Work effectively with Brand, Sales, Legal, Operations, R&D, and Packaging to facilitate effective supplier quality processes.
Required Experience & Education:
Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Science, Quality Management or related area.
● Requires a minimum of five years of experience in Quality Assurance in a manufacturing environment, with two years of Management experience
● Strong understanding of food/beverage production and quality processes
● Demonstrated ability to apply judgment to determine and re-adjust process priorities and make trade-offs where objectives, schedules or priorities may conflict.
● Experience in developing and implementing food safety schemes
● Demonstrated ability to communicate technical perspectives superbly to peers, management and others, both verbally and in writing.
● Demonstrated ability to work with production personnel at multiple sites in developing new quality processes for packages and liquids.
● Knowledge of quality systems and testing procedures and experience in communication of technical disciplines across technical and non-technical audiences.
● Works independently with limited supervision
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred Experience & Education:
● Engineering/Quality degree or advanced engineering degree, and a minimum of 10-15 years practical experience working in a field related to alcoholic beverages.
● MS or MBA Specialized knowledge of Quality Management systems. Six sigma or similar continuous improvement methodology training/certification
● Strong understanding of beverage alcohol production processes
● In-depth technical knowledge of global beverage alcohol regulations
Grade 34 National
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Production
Req ID: JR-00001264