Brown-Forman Electrical Controls Engineer in Louisville, Kentucky
"Come join Brown-Forman’s corporate engineering department. We are looking for an electrical engineer with a background in controls engineering. In this role you will support and lead projects across our production facilities- everything from making barrels to finished bottles ready to enter the market."-Hiring Manager
Meaningful Work From Day One:
Complete responsibility for conception, analysis, design, justification and management of engineering projects involving capital expenditures of up to $5 million, Global Production facility and equipment capital plan ranges from $25 million to $140 million annually. Responsibility for technical leadership and implementation of innovative procedures, equipment, and processes, as related to electrical distribution, controls, and monitoring systems for packaging, processing, and utility systems. Division wide leadership of Production related risk management and safety integration to control systems.
What You Can Expect:
• Provide project management on multi-million dollar capital projects, including scope definition, capital cost, operating cost savings development, investment justification, system design, cost value analysis, equipment design specifications, engineering design specifications, supervision and management of outside vendors, consulting engineers and contractors.
• Prepare critical path project schedule and coordination of plant production scheduling, equipment vendors/manufacturers, outside contractors, and plant personnel to ensure compliance with project scope, schedule, and budget.
• Manage project installation/construction, start‐up, commissioning, and the effective transfer of technology and training to plant operating personnel.
• Ensures Brown-Forman Global Production safety and compliance standards are adhered to on all jobs.
• Ensures adherence to project scope, budget, schedule, and anticipated performance results
• Interface with plant managers and operating and maintenance personnel to provide hands‐on situational troubleshooting expertise, technical leadership, and project management expertise on plant project initiatives and operational improvement opportunities
• Provide technical engineering consultation, assistance, and leadership to plant personnel and staff departments regarding electrical controls and instrumentation, risk management and safety integration, process monitoring systems, and HMI (human machine interface) applications
• Prepare capital cost estimates and determine applicable cost savings, financial feasibility, capital risk, and IRR/NPV cash flow analysis for new equipment, construction, and modification to existing operations and systems.
• Lead the development of new or improved electrical PLC (programmable logic controller) and computer controls, process monitoring and production data recording, and HMI systems. Initiate and champion the applications of beneficial technologies into plant operations.
What You Bring to the Table:
• College/University (Bachelors or Equivalent); Electrical Engineering, Electrical & Computer Engineering
• Experience in project engineering or plant engineering
• Demonstrated project management skills.
• Experience in industrial control software systems and application, preferably in Allen Bradley platforms, with an emphasis on ability to adapt and learn additional platforms.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
• Works effectively in diverse work groups.
• Demonstrated equipment/process troubleshooting skills.
• Familiarity with networking and computing communications protocols
• Experience with design specification, layout, and operation of packaging and process control systems.
• Fluid in office software applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, email)
• Ability to travel domestic and internationally.
What Makes You Unique:
• Virtualization, Hypervisors, ESXi, Vcenter
• Familiarity with OT network concepts, implementation, design and management.
• Basic financial aptitude.
• Demonstrated ability to apply sound business judgment to project initiatives.
• Experience working in a packaging or related environment preferably in Food and Beverage.
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Supply Chain
Req ID: JR-00006841