Brown-Forman Electrical Engineer in Louisville, Kentucky
Responsible for programming and improving packaging and process controls systems including PLC (Programmable Logic Controllers) and HMI (Human Machine Interface) applications, servo motors, etc. in order to support plant manufacturing business objectives. Responsible for selection, integration, startup, and calibration of various controls instrumentation including variable frequency drives, two state control valves, throttling valves, motors, flow meters and other process indicating devices. Must be able to troubleshoot systems and find root cause. Lead, direct and train team of 6 electricians.
• Continuously strive to increase the efficiency and reliability of the plant controls system to support plant manufacturing business objectives
• Support daily management of PLC's, HMIs, and related instrumentation and programming issues in order to maximize plant efficiency and reliability.
• Provide troubleshooting and development support for plant (24hrs/7days a week).
• Responsible for root-cause analysis on electrical/controls/ programing issues.
• Assist in management and storage of controls related software and hardware in accordance with good manufacturing practices.
• Ensuring proper operation of all electrical/control system components including electronic components, motors, solenoids, limit switches, programmable logic control (PLC) I/O modules and photo-eye sensors
• Troubleshooting, problem solving and resolving issues at machine centers and throughout the production facility
• Performing high level electrical audits and adjustments per original equipment manufacturer (OEM) specifications
• Working as a team with Supervisors, Maintenance team members, and Operations to plan, procure and document activities for the enhancement of electrical and instrumentation maintenance within the facility
• Mentoring and sharing knowledge with other technicians on maintenance and troubleshooting of PLCs, instrumentation, and controls
• Applying all applicable codes, regulations, reliability strategies, corporate and OEM standards
• Working with the Production and Maintenance teams to improve operations productivity and quality by anticipating and eliminating potential delays through planning, and coordination of labor, parts, material, tools and equipment access
• Reviewing, developing and/or modifying work orders for all plant equipment
• Contacting vendors and manufacturers as needed for support in resolving issues
• Assisting in the development and implementation of reliability centered maintenance strategies
• Directly responsible for providing direction and support to plant electricians.
Required Experience & Education:
Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Technology or related discipline with 5+ years electrical/electronic and/or instrument & control programming/trouble-shooting experience in a manufacturing environment.
Comfort with assembling/wiring and configuring all flavors of Rockwell PLCs, Dual-Channel Safety Circuits and Components, HMIs, Variable Frequency Drives.
Automation Integration. Experience troubleshooting OEM logix with respect to Plant Automation. For example: Robotic Cell and Cell PLC interface, Wrapping Units, Extrusion Systems, Taping Units, Box Formers and Closers.
Strong understanding of Ethernet/IP Technology
Working Knowledge of NEC, NEMA/IP standards
Experience with Plant Conveying Technologies, control valves, electrical distribution, and/or industrial instrumentation for flow, level, pressure and temperature.
Willing and able to support any shift, overtime, weekends, on-call hours and holidays
Experience reading and following electrical and maintenance schematics/blueprints
Experience leading teams and training personnel
Willing and able to work independently and as a team
Experience making reliability/maintenance decisions to meet needs
Preferred Experience & Education:
Experience in a Food Manufacturing environment
Bottling line controls experience
Experience with Wonderware System Platform, InTouch Window Maker, OI Server
Experience with less common topologies such as Modbus, ControlNet, and/or DeviceNet
Mechanical maintenance experience, including fluid handling and conveyor systems, hydraulic systems and accumulators, and valve identification and application and welding
Experience with Windows Server 2012/Windows 7, MS SQL, Ethernet/IP networks, Thin Clients, Virtual Machines, Software License Activation and electronic information handling
Experience in Process Controls Environment (Valves, Pumps, Agitators, Screw-Feed Conveyors, Flow/Temp/Pressure/Level Peripherals, etc.)
Experience with Factory Talk Batch & CIP circuits in a food manufacturing environment.
Grade 29 National
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Production
Req ID: JR-00000143