Brown-Forman Group Manager Customer Marketing in Louisville, Kentucky
"This is an exciting opportunity to lead a talented team and develop our customer marketing strategy to win with our largest customers in the US for both On and Off Premise. A great opportunity to work with multiple stakeholders across the organization including brand teams, insights, IMC, finance, and sales to develop programs that will position us to accelerate our growth in National Accounts across the entire portfolio."-Hiring Manager, VP Director National Accounts
Meaningful Work from Day One
Leads and develops the overall customer marketing strategy for National Accounts, as well as directing the team of CMM’s in the creation of channel and customer specific promotional activities and initiatives for the BF Portfolio. Manages agency partners on development and execution of customer strategy, media, and budget. Supports VP Director National Accounts to prioritize national brand and marketing strategies by channel. Serves as an extension of the USA&C Marketing group within NA; and represents NA needs and interest within brand group. Participates on the NA Leadership Team and USA&C Marketing Leadership Team..
What You Will Do In This Role
Partners with DNA Off, Brand leaders, Insights group and IMC Omnichannel Manager to create programming that drives brand and category growth in chains across all major channels. Work closely with Shopper and Consumer Intelligence Group to source insights and develop programming that fuels engagement with BF Brands and addresses retailer’s needs in beverage alcohol category. Collaborates with RCM’s, ePremise Director, Regional Marketing Directors and BID’s to share brand strategies and platforms while obtaining best practices and ideation around multi branded platforms that will drive loyalty, trial, awareness and aligns with our business and customer objective.
You can look forward to:
● Provides brand planning and leadership for the National Account team by ensuring the appropriate brand strategies, structures, systems, and capabilities/competencies are developed to meet national brand and customer objectives.
● Leads CMM’s in the development, customization, and execution of plans across all brands to optimize investments in promotional activities, digital media, eCommerce content, and data & analytics across the consumer purchase journey in National Accounts. Oversees creation of POS, selling tools, coupons and presentation assets for channel and customer specific needs.
● Leads strategic partnership and financial oversight with Marketing Agency to develop annual digital & social media plans, portfolio programing and innovative shopper activation opportunities for the region. Manages content evolution on owned digital portfolio platforms such as the cheerstothehost.com website and WWK Chatbot technology.
● Collaborates with IMC Omnichannel Manager to define long-term ePremise strategy, digital shelf excellence standards, consumer purchase touchpoint plans and to drive shopper forward digital solutions and tactics for Omnichannel National Accounts.
● With the NA Finance Manager, Channel Director and RCMs, collaborates on the strategic allocation of resources across the region and prioritizes investments against activities and channel.
● Leads planning of brand and channel review and alignment meetings at the national level. This includes collaboration with National Account commercial and operation teams.
● Identifies programming opportunities, cutting-edge technology, and innovation to align with consumer macro trends and behavior that will drive activation throughout the shopper’s journey, meet our NA customer’s business strategies and increase sales for the BF portfolio of brands.
● Partners with Shopper Insights team to create and implement effective fact-based selling and category drivers to establish successful channel strategies and initiatives for National Accounts.
● Partners with NA Finance, RGM and IMC Omnichannel Manager to ensure appropriate measurement of key customer activities, and application of learnings to future initiatives. Looks to optimize both pre and post campaign evaluation and dynamic optimization within in-store promotions and media campaigns.
● Spearheads business/category opportunities, marketing/industry trends, competitive activity, and unique customized initiatives for Channel/Customer to respective brand teams.
● Provides the USA&C marketing organization and IMC CoE with the knowledge necessary to integrate and execute against today's shopper marketing demands. Communicate different shopper and omnichannel disciplines and capabilities that can be applied throughout all globally developed processes, tools, and brand communication strategies.
● Builds and cultivates partnerships with key industry stakeholders such as Distributors, Agencies and Customer’s Buying and Marketing teams.
● Develops and leads brand plan presentations during Distributor KPI meetings and serves as primary marketing contact for National Accounts.
● Accountable for the development and implementation of portfolio multicultural, inclusive, and responsible marketing strategy in National Accounts.
● Represents National Accounts at USA&C brand strategy and ideation meetings.
● Partners with NA Operations Manager to deliver channel and customer communication excellence to brand teams and other key internal departments to ensure a solid understanding of National Account business.
● Highlights and communicates NA best practices across the US organization – brand marketing, regional marketing, and sales.
● Ensures consistent and timely flow of information on brand, category, and portfolio initiatives to the channel teams.
● Leads and develops the CMM Team to drive continuous improvement at the individual and team level, providing training opportunities to improve skill sets and raise the level of performance and leveraging B-F Marketing Capabilities assessment to identify areas of opportunity to drive B-F performance.
What you Bring to the Table:
A Bachelor's Degree and 7+ years of sales & marketing experience.
Strong Leadership skills, organization and project management skills
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to operate very effectively in a collaborative, matrix environment
Experience developing successful internal and external partnerships
Understands and demonstrates awareness of the inter-relatedness of different functions within organizations. Considers “big picture” patterns and systems across functions when addressing problems, resolving issues, or formulating strategies. Demonstrated ability to work on projects with cross-functional teams to meet consensus goals.
The ability to articulate vision and inspire others toward achieving organization goals. Establish and communicate a clear direction while developing and inspiring a shared sense of purpose.
Fluent in the understanding, practice and implementation of the marketing mix to achieve brand business objectives.
Demonstrated ability to use complex financial and business concepts to generate transformative results.
Proven experience in leveraging category and shopper insights to generate breakthrough solutions.
Ability to identify new opportunities and applications that add value for the customer while enhancing the value for B-F.
The ability to set challenging goals and achieve results beyond agreed upon organizational objectives. Self-confidence and strong analytical skills enable sound judgment and the ability to handle pressure when advising others.
Demonstrates good business sense, including the ability to make effective and efficient use of financial resources to achieve intended objectives. Working knowledge of channel strategies, brands and account strategies.
Experience leading and developing a team, driving accountability and nurturing talent
Independent thinking that demonstrates commitment for your ideas. Willingness to take risks.
Strong presentation skills.
Willingness to travel approximately 35% of time.
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: USA & Canada
Req ID: JR-00004876