Brown-Forman Industrial Mechanic in Louisville, Kentucky
Brown-Forman is hiring a mechanic to support and work in the Brown-Forman Distillery and Louisville Bottling Operation. The duties of Mechanic include, but are not limited to the following: Preparation, modification, maintenance of plant equipment. Repair breakdowns, preventive maintenance on machines, modify equipment, assist in line operation, and order parts as directed for task inventory.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to lift/push/pull up to 80 lbs; ability to perform range of mobility such as stooping, twisting, climbing, and hand assembly of items. Exposure to heat, cold, moving mechanical hazards; heights. Required to wear steel toed safety shoes (no exceptions); safety glasses/goggles, hair net/hat and earplugs.
The Qualified Mechanic will have demonstrated the necessary aptitude for the work by passing a non-verbal, non-written, task-oriented Selection-Evaluation Program to determine if he or she has the mechanical instinct to perform satisfactorily as an industrial or maintenance mechanic plus a minimum of 5 years experience. He or she will be able to complete for evaluation a skills demonstration exhibiting proficiency in the following areas:
Welding: Shielded metal, Arc (both vertical and overhead) Oxyacetylene; Heliarc, & Mig.
Machine Shop Equipment: Ability to operate a lathe, milling machine, and surface grinder to pre-described specifications as dictated by mechanical print.
Pipe Work: Ability to solder copper piping; thread and install black, brass, and stainless steel piping in a proficient manner. Familiarity with working on steam and condensate systems and piping.
Pumps: Experience and working knowledge of centrifugal, reciprocating and pneumatic pumps including replacement of bearings, diaphragms and mechanical seals, positive displacement, diaphragm.
Hydraulics: Have experience in and a good working knowledge of pumps, motors, valves and cylinders.
Ability to troubleshoot hydraulic systems.
Employee Involvement and Quality Principles: Knowledge of and experience working in a team environment; knowledge of quality system principles.
Packaging Line and Material Handling Equipment: Have experience in troubleshooting and repair of same under production conditions.
Forklift Equipment: Have experience and ability to perform preventive maintenance, repairs and adjustments to lift truck equipment. Ability to operate a forklift, man lifts, and other equipment.
Comfortable working in tight spaces and performing First Aid.
• Experience maintaining and troubleshooting pneumatic and hydraulic devices and systems (pumps, valves, piping, etc.)
• Experience with machine shop equipment to include Mills, Lathes, Presses, and Surface Grinders to a prescribed specification as dictated by mechanical print
• Experience with basic welding techniques and metal fabrication, including Mig, Tig, and Stick
• Ability to prepare, modify, maintain plant equipment. Repair breakdowns, preventative maintenance on machines, and modify equipment.
• Experience with threading and installing black and brass pipe in a proficient manner
• Proficiency in use of personal computer
• Ability to work in a team environment and be self-motivated
• Ability to perceive quality of work, read material and review documents; receive instructions
• 5 years experience as a mechanic/machinist working with process manufacturing equipment, strong education and work background in processing or manufacturing equipment troubleshooting, adjustment, repair and controls
• Must be available to work overtime as necessary; must be able to work all shifts
• Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
• Must pass drug & alcohol screening, Physical Abilities Test, and other testing as required; ability to lift and carry 80 pounds
• Must appreciate and support stringent safety requirements including the use of Personal Protective Equipment, LOTO, etc.
Starting wage is $28.23 per hour for the first 12 months with planned increases within the first 2 years and a generous benefits package.
Brown-Forman is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment.
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Production
Req ID: JR-00001520