Brown-Forman Jack Daniel's Global Licensing Manager (Remote) in Louisville, Kentucky
“Jack Daniel’s has been a part of culture across generations. This role leads our thinking and the execution of our brand licensing and collaborations that brings the brand to life for today’s consumer. It’s a great opportunity to bring your strong brand and cultural expertise to the world of Jack.” -Hiring Manager, Global Brand Director-Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey
You Can Look Forward To:
Licensing is an important brand-building tool that builds, leverages and protects the iconic status of the Jack Daniel’s trademark. Its role in the Brown-Forman Growth Framework (“BFGF”) is to reinforce Meaningful Difference and address Category Entry Points in ways which will reflect the brand positioning and bring it to life. This role develops and implements a global licensing strategy to drive mental availability for Jack Daniel’s and ensures the successful execution of licensing for the brand’s key global platforms. They will be responsible for managing the variety of category opportunities within licensing including current licensees, opportunity identification, and executing new licensing deals. The ideal candidate will have strong marketing capabilities, have experience with partnership marketing, and be a strong collaborator. They will champion the strategy across the organization and develop best practices.
What Makes This A Great Opportunity:
● Leads thinking and is the subject matter expert on Licensing, its role within the BFGF and how it connects to Brand and Communication objectives.
● Works with Global Sponsorships & Partnerships Manager to ensure the extension and successful execution of global brand cultural platforms into Licensing where appropriate
● Liaises closely with Global Brand Director(s) to develop the Licensing Strategy including KPI’s and governance model.
● Manages licensing agreements and works closely with JDPI for legal and financial obligations.
● Regularly reviews and assesses licensing agreements.
● Engages external partners and agencies as necessary to identify, partner, and develop brand ideas worthy of Jack Daniel’s.
● Engages internal teams at market and region level to understand goals and objectives and assist in licensing strategy and execution.
● Works closely with the Jack Daniel’s Hardware Store and homeplace team to bring the brand to life through merchandise development and selection at the homeplace.
● Takes a long-term view of the Jack Daniel’s trademark and balances marketing, financial, and consumer objectives to build value over time.
● Stays connected to global cultural industries including entertainment, music, fashion, technology, and other domains where Jack Daniel’s can build relevancy.
● Sets clear KPIs and leads the measurement and evaluation of the licensing program for the Jack Daniel’s Family of Brands, thereby creating a learning loop for future initiatives .
● Champions, coaches and educates the Jack Daniel’s community of stakeholders in the area of licensing and serves as a subject matter expert to influence brand and marketing plans.
● Fosters an inclusive and diverse culture and is a champion of B-F’s D&I goals including through the partnerships and licensing work they do.
We Are Looking For People Who:
Education: College/University (Bachelors or Equivalent)
● 10+ years of marketing and/or brand activation/ or partnership/ or licensing experience
● A proven record of successfully leading and implementing licensing strategy and implementation for a global brand
● Strong Brand Architecture understanding and experience bringing to life a brand's purpose
● Proven Business and Financial acumen
● Strong leadership skills and the ability to operate very effectively in a collaborative, matrix environment
What Makes You Unique:
Education: Masters Degree (M.A., MBA or Equivalent)
Locations across the US for a remote work from home set-up
This position is posted with multiple locations, you only need to apply to one of the postings to be considered for all locations and/or the remote work option.
B-F can employ a remote worker in the majority of the states in the US, however if you are located in one of the following states, relocation would be required. VT, RI ,CT ,NJ ,DE ,WI ,MN, ND, SD, NE, KS, OK, LA, MS, NM, AZ, UT, OR, AK, HI
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Marketing
Req ID: JR-00004816