Brown-Forman Lead Finance Analyst - Corporate FP&A (Remote Work Opportunity) in Louisville, Kentucky
Meaningful Work From Day One:
As a key member of the FP&A team, the Lead Financial Analyst will play a key role in leading various reporting, analysis and forecasting processes. The analyst will work closely with the Sr FP&A Analyst and Sr FP&A Manager in reporting and Forecasting activities, including:
● Consolidate and Analyze BFC top line (SNS, COS, Gross Margin). Coordination with Regions, Production, Brands & Corporate when needed.
● Consolidate and Analyze OEPX. Coordination with Regions, Production, Brands & Corporate when needed.
● Review OIE analysis for BFC prepared by the Sr FP&A Analyst.
● Consolidate Production related items impacting Corporate (production variance, LIFO, reval etc..) and Production Business items. Monitor, analyze and understand drivers of production related items to the overall performance of BFC. Lead and arrange the Monthly Corporate / Production meetings.
● Subject matter expert for the P&L Line items and issue guidance on ad-hoc processes.
● Full ownership of the BFC Bonus tool. Provide ad-hoc analysis, update the tool to align with the Bonus schemes. Work with Accounting and Sr FP&A Analyst to ensure appropriate accruals are recorded.
● In addition to working closely with members of the FP&A team, the Lead Financial Analyst will partner with and provide financial analysis and support to various business areas including, Global functions, Global Brands, Regional Finance, Accounting, Treasury etc… The Lead FP&A Analyst will be responsible for a number of important periodic financial analysis and reporting items including FP&A tools and presentations.
● Support Sr FP&A Manager in preparation of the Corporate Reporting & Presentations.
What You Can Expect:
● Reporting (monthly, quarterly, & annually), decision support and analysis, business planning and forecasting.
● Planning, reporting and financial analysis for SNS, COS, OPEX and OIE with a focus on communicating quantitative and qualitative information in a clear, accurate, and timely manner
● Review Monthly corporate-wide analysis of SG&A spend including variance analysis, reporting, and forecasting
● Support the corporate resource allocation process, including modeling & analytics as part of annual planning as well as ad-hoc analysis
● Support of the monthly & quarterly Corporate Forecasting process (Jedox), including reporting and analysis, as well as interaction with regional finance teams and corporate FP&A to develop trend-based
● Support ad-hoc requests from Management and projects as required such as data mining and analysis, process improvement projects, and other corporate requests
● As the Subject Matter Expert for P&L line items provide expertise on the drivers of these P&L line items, provide analysis, participate in ad hoc projects, and support the FP&A teams on related topics.
● Provide support to the Sr FP&A Manager on Leadership reporting (POET, BOARD etc..)
● Ensure complete processes/system documentation, and develop materials for the training of finance professionals on applicable concepts and/or applications; lead or participate in actual training sessions as a subject matter expert.
● Own the Global Corporate, Global Functions and Global Marketing Cost Center Hierarchies. Back up approver for Cost Center changes and positions changes in workday for the Global Functions, Global Marketing and Corporate.
We Are Looking For People Who:
● Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance with 5-7 years of related work experience
● Proficiency using Microsoft (Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Word) and Google (Sheets, Slides, Docs) tools, including advanced spreadsheet tools
● Superior attention to detail with a focus on quality results
● Ability to work independently, in a virtual environment, and execute responsibilities with planning and organization in a high volume, deadline oriented environment
● Strong analytical skills with ability to validate, analyze, and sort through large amounts of data and transform complex data into succinct, clear communications
● Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of the organization.
● Ability to work flexible schedule and overtime when necessary
● Thorough understanding of financial statements
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● Self-motivated to work independently and manage multiple projects within tight timelines
What Makes You Unique:
● CPA and/or MBA
● Solid understanding of Brown-Forman operations, or experience in Beverage Alcohol industry
● Experience improving and advancing existing financial systems to improve data accessibility and flexibility
● Experience with Jedox, SAP/ERP, Business Warehouse (BW), PowerPivot, and/or PowerQuery
Nothing Better in the Market:
Total Rewards at Brown-Forman is designed to engage our people to ensure sustainable and profitable growth for generations to come. As a premium spirits company, we offer premium and equitable pay. We offer a range of premium benefits that reflect our company values and meet the needs of our diverse workforce. We are dedicated to creating a responsible drinking culture, providing a safe, inclusive, and engaging workplace, protecting the environment, and making a positive contribution to our communities.
Locations considered for this opening:
B-F Headquarters office in Louisville, KY
B-F Regional office in Atlanta, GA or Dallas, TX or Irvine, CA
Locations across the US for a remote work from home set-up
This position is posted with multiple locations, you only need to apply to one of the postings to be considered for all locations and/or the remote work option.
B-F can employ a remote worker in the majority of the states in the US, however if you are located in one of the following states, relocation would be required. VT, RI ,CT ,NJ ,DE ,WI ,MN, ND, SD, NE, KS, OK, LA, MS, NM, AZ, UT, OR, AK, HI
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Finance
Req ID: JR-00004895