Brown-Forman Lead Financial Analyst in Louisville, Kentucky
Key member of finance and accounting team for Brown-Forman Distillery Operations which includes production sites located on Brown-Forman's main campus and in Shively. This position provides financial and accounting support in the manufacturing of over 4 million 9 liter cases as well as the aging/storage of more than 300,000 barrels.
This position is a key contributor to both the Finance and Operations teams at Brown-Forman Bottling and JDCC. This includes monthly accounting and closing activities, production reporting, quarterly account reconciliations and timely accurate tax payments. In addition to ongoing accounting responsibilities, this role provides analytical support and ad hoc reports. Develops standard costs for new materials. Owner and expert for financial database and tracking and analyzing actual production costs compared to budget. Partner with operations to ensure that we effectively manage our production costs. Also provides support to the finance team during the projection and annual budget process.
Leads the monthly closing process and performs monthly closing procedures, including journal entries, analysis, and reconciliations
Independently manages complex variance database (Access-based) for tracking actual production costs versus the standard. Responsible for the accuracy of consolidated data.
Leads production variance best practice sharing across sites to optimize material ledger transition.
Partners with the Asst. Controller to ensure reports are relevant based on current operations.
Prepares and reviews monthly financial and operational reports and advises management of key drivers.
Identifies accounting problems, researches solutions, and provides recommendations to manager and others. Analyzes, classifies, and reviews accounting transactions and interrelationships.
Perform ad hoc financial analysis as requested by Finance and Operations management.
Provides support to finance and operations team for the projection and budget process, including planning ownership of specific cost drivers and developing product cost standards.
Provides financial support to departments within B-F Bottling, in the form of collaborating, reporting, planning, analyzing and tracking actual expenditures
Ensures systems and procedures are in compliance with company policies, GAAP, SOX and other applicable controls.
Directly responsible for maintaining compliance with Federal Excise Tax (FET) rules in accordance with regulations specified by the Alcohol Tax & Trade Bureau (TTB).This includes filing semimonthly tax returns, submitting monthly drawback claims, and managing records necessary to support these payments and claims.
Support TTB Compliance Manager in maintaining internal controls and internal/external audit requests.
Manage SAP setup of product specifications for Woodford Reserve and OF Distillery, to facilitate transition from product concept to manufacturing execution. Translate manufacturing requirements from various functional areas into processes in the SAPERP system.
Proposes, recommends, and implements changes to improve manufacturing and accounting processes and reports, with a collaborative approach. Role may include business lead or team member as required.
Demonstrates a commitment to excellence in quality and continuous improvement.
Creates process documentation for training and ongoing support and coaches others in new processes.
Required Experience & Education:
Education: Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
Experience: Must Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration plus 5 years of experience in Accounting/Finance.
• Ability to independently work with complex data sources utilizing skills in Microsoft Excel and Access.
• Demonstrated personal leadership skills with the ability to act with intuitiveness, make recommendations, and maintain effective working relationships.
• Demonstrated experience and proficiency in applying Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and concepts.
• Working knowledge of SAP-ERP software, including the following modules: product costing, materials management; logistics; production planning and integrated manufacturing; financial accounting; controlling.
• Working knowledge of management accounting concepts and methods used in the manufacturing industry.
• Ability to multi-task, focus on details, and measure results.
• Root cause analysis skills demonstrating ability to identify potential risks and opportunities as Well as appropriate follow through action.
• Continuous improvement mindset.
• Proactive Self-starter with demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize, and complete work with speed and accuracy within established deadlines.
Preferred Experience & Education:
Education: Masters Degree (M.A., MBA or Equivalent); MBA
Experience: Preferred Experience
• Knowledge of inventory control and procedures.
• Experience in alcohol beverage manufacturing industry.
• Familiar with Brown-Forman business and interrelationships of organizational structure.
• MBA, CPA, CMA#SM#TSM
For more than 145 years, Brown-Forman Corporation has enriched the experience of life by responsibly building fine quality beverage alcohol brands, including Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, Jack Daniel’s & Cola, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Fire, Gentleman Jack, Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel, Finlandia, Korbel, el Jimador, Woodford Reserve, Old Forester, Canadian Mist, Herradura, New Mix, Sonoma-Cutrer, Early Times, Chambord, BenRiach and GlenDronach. Brown-Forman’s brands are supported by nearly 4,600 employees and sold in approximately 160 countries worldwide
For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Production
Country: United States
Req Type: Exempt