Brown-Forman Maintenance Manager in Louisville, Kentucky
Responsible for the planning, organizing and supervising of bottling maintenance, preventive maintenance and changeover functions to support the bottling in the most effective way utilizing cost effective approaches within recommended guidelines, policies and budgetary constraints. Responsible for leading over $2M of packaging projects and supporting $2M of capital projects across 2 facilities in BFB. Directly supervises the activities of one salaried maintenance coordinator and 16 highly skilled technicians. Responsible for maintenance production support of 7M - 9L cases. Provide direction and support to the Processing, Production, Shipping & Pinnacle maintenance teams including PM execution, line changeovers and Breakdown Reduction plans for all bottling equipment. Coordinates efforts ensuring seamless integration between bottling maintenance with operations, outside vendors, and contractors. Fosters empowerment and provides the required resources to support and develop work teams. Maintains preventive maintenance, emergency maintenance, and scheduled work orders. Ensures all maintenance activities and areas of responsibility adhere to required regulatory, safety, environmental and quality requirements while providing training and development to subordinates. Establish effective KPIs aligning the maintenance organization to the BF Distillery Operations Compelling Business Need (CBN).
• Responsible for all maintenance activities throughout the Brown Forman Bottling (BFB) organization. Provides direction and support to the maintenance team; sets policy and establishes procedures for the department; and, monitors and manages maintenance activities to ensure productive, efficient operations, compliant with all Corporate, BFB and regulatory requirements.
• Leads packaging engineering projects for the BFB operations and helps support long-term capital planning projects. Coordinates with stakeholders to develop, implement, and support engineering projects and process improvements for cost savings, productivity improvement, equipment replacement and modernization, and general improvements to meet quality, safety, environmental and other regulatory requirements. Provide leadership for the application of Continuous Improvement Pillars, tools and training to meet business objectives.
• Supports preparation to present packaging-related capital projects as well as major maintenance and departmental budgets for areas of responsibility while managing within budget. May assist other areas such as production operations in preparing annual budgets as needed.
• Performs cost and productivity analysis and studies; assists operations management in developing and establishing performance standards, standard operating procedures and measured day work standards and assists in training and instruction in conjunction with new equipment installations or process changes.
• Remains abreast of changing regulatory, environmental, safety, OSHA and other requirements through training and education as they pertain to engineering and maintenance support. Provides for the general growth and development of subordinate staff, establishes performance standards and monitors and evaluates performance within these standards.
Required Experience & Education:
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Industrial or Civil Engineering.
4-6 years of leadership experience in a manufacturing environment.
Prior experience working in an engineering and/or maintenance capacity leading TPM / CI / Kaizen or Lean Manufacturing activities. CMMS & Asset Management experience (Maximo, E-Maint).
Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills and the ability to prepare and present finished reports and project updates using word processing, spreadsheet or other computer applications.
Preferred Experience & Education:
Education: Masters Degree (M.A., MBA or Equivalent); MBA or Master's Degree in Engineering
Experience: • Previous managerial systems experience supervising maintenance operations in an industrial environment.
• Strategic Thinking
• Problem Solving
Grade 30 National
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Production
Req ID: JR-00001240