Brown-Forman Maintenance Multicraft Mechanic in Louisville, Kentucky
Brown-Forman Cooperage is the one of the world's largest producers of whiskey barrels. A subsidiary of Brown-Forman, the cooperage makes white oak barrels for maturing some of our finest brands, including Jack Daniel's, Early Times, Old Forester, and Woodford Reserve.
The Maintenance Multi-craft Mechanic is responsible for the general maintenance and repair of all production equipment, systems and facilities. In addition, the maintenance employee may be involved in new equipment and machinery installation, equipment and facilities upgrades and redesigns and is involved in the recommendation and selection of new equipment and facilities changes.
Specialized Skills Required
• General mechanical aptitude and knowledge of the installation, maintenance and repair of manufacturing equipment such as motors, pumps, conveying systems, hydraulics and pneumatics.
• Ability to troubleshoot mechanical and electrical systems
• Machine repair – disassembles machines, finds worn or broken parts, makes decisions as to what is wrong with machine, cleans machine, has bad parts repaired or orders new parts. Reassembles the machine. Tests the machine to make sure it is operable. Someone else must test on stock for actual machine operation. Works on machinery powered by hydraulic, electric, air, etc.
• Excellent welding skills
• Strong electrical abilities and knowledge of both single and three-phase electrical systems and the ability to diagnose basic electrical problems and replace motors and equipment
• Knowledge of PLC and facilities systems such as lighting, water and plumbing and the ability to maintain and repair these systems
• May work alone or with another person or persons, as directed by the project
• Must be able to find the trouble and through his/her own effort, carry through the project
• High school diploma or GED
• 2 years previous experience in maintenance in an industrial or manufacturing environment
• A command of basic math skills including counting, adding, subtracting, etc.
• Ability to pass a drug screen, physical abilities test, and background check
• Ability to work weekends and daily overtime as needed
• Ability to work afternoon shift (2nd shift)
Physical Requirements - Full body mobility and the ability to move about in a production environment to include:
• Bending, squatting, stooping, pushing, pulling, climbing and twisting on an occasional basis.
• Lifting and carrying from the ground to waist height and pushing, pulling and maneuvering up to 100 pounds on an occasional basis.
• Ability to work in confined spaces and in a non-environmentally controlled workplace, working at varying heights and in the outdoors.
• Certifications in welding or a journeyman’s electrical certification
• Experience in woodworking facility
• Pipe fitting / machinist experience
• An ability to self-motivate
• Time management skills
• The work environment at the Cooperage is subject to dirt, saw dust, oil, grease, heat, fumes and noise of varying degrees. Possible exposure to weather for short periods of time is also possible. The plant is heated but can be cold in the winter and is hot in the summer.
• Hourly wage of $25.95 plus shift differential. This wage is 90% of full wage & advancement to 95% after 12 months, and 100% within 2 years.
• Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
• Paid Vacation
• Holiday Pay
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• 401K Savings Plan and much more…
For more than 145 years, Brown-Forman Corporation has enriched the experience of life by responsibly building fine quality beverage alcohol brands, including Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, Jack Daniel’s & Cola, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Fire, Gentleman Jack, Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel, Finlandia, Korbel, el Jimador, Woodford Reserve, Old Forester, Canadian Mist, Herradura, New Mix, Sonoma-Cutrer, Early Times, Chambord, BenRiach and GlenDronach. Brown-Forman’s brands are supported by nearly 4,600 employees and sold in approximately 160 countries worldwide
For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Production
Country: United States
Req Type: Non-exempt