Brown-Forman Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis in Louisville, Kentucky
Position Title: Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
Business Area: NAR Finance
Location: Louisville, KY
Reports to: Director of NAR Operations
Direct Reports: Sr. Financial Analyst
As a member of the Finance team, this position will play a key part in cultivation of an organization and mindset that minimizes bias as well as values quality, consistency, and accuracy in the financial planning and forecasting process for the Brown-Forman North American Region. The Manager of FP&A will play a key role in the direction and administration of the financial planning, analysis and reporting activities of Brown-Forman North America Region. This position will provide input and expertise around the annual business planning process, modeling, rolling forecasts, and financial analysis and reporting. This position directly leads, supervises and coaches a Sr. Financial Analyst. This position will partner with the NAR Financial Operations Manager to support growth strategies through timely and actionable financial analysis, risk management, and reporting and process improvement efforts
This role is responsible for the development and analysis of various financial planning efforts, including annual financial plan, rolling forecasts, and long-term financial planning with the objectives of (a) building greater accountability around forecasts and (b) a higher degree of business responsiveness to our results and latest outlook. Engagement and collaboration across various groups (Corporate FP&A, Sales and Marketing, Supply Chain, Mexico and Canada finance teams, and others as needed) are critical to establishing accurate forecasts based on an unbiased outlook. This position will be a key contributor to the development of reporting and analytical tools and oversee system input and accuracy in the preparation of outlook / rolling forecasts, the annual operating plan, and long-term financial plans.
Financial Projections and Process
● Lead the processes around developing, implementing, managing and streamlining of the annual budgeting and projection processes for NAR, including sales planning and corporate planning deadlines and calendar, review meetings, consolidation of region projections, analysis of plans and presentation slides for management.
● Partner with Data Scientist and Brand Analysts to provide regression model assumptions, validate model output, and incorporate results into national financial plan. Track actual results versus model assumptions and formulate variance analysis for management presentation and review.
● Offer recommendations for improvements to enhance and streamline the projection and budgeting process and manage the change process when necessary.
● Coordination with Brand Finance, Field Finance, DBI, and collaboration across the NAR Financial Operations team.
● Provide innovative and easy to use management reporting and supporting analytics to Commercial Management, Brand Management and Region Leadership that provide the analytical platform from which region management can make superb business decisions. Taking into account current business trends and outlook, assist in the preparation and review of financial forecasts for NAR.
● Analyze and model the financial outlook of the region. Analyze the components that drive profitability, identify opportunities for gross profit and ROI improvement.
● Proactively identify opportunities and risks, recognize potential problem areas and help identify drivers and solutions.
● Consolidate and integrate input and information across all functions to incorporate into comprehensive forecast models.
● Work closely and collaboratively with the division and brand finance teams to ensure alignment of views on performance, strategy, and initiatives as well as the overall approach on planning and analysis.
Financial Systems / Technology Solutions
● Ensure the coordination and proper data flow between regression modeling, sales and marketing inputs, corporate planning, and supply chain planning systems.
● Work closely with NAR/ACT Manager(s) of Financial Planning, IT, Division Finance Managers, and other personnel coordinating process flow, reports, etc.
● Utilize technology and adoption of internal systems (Jedox, Tableau, SAP/BW, Jasper/Newton) to collect, produce and analyze financial information.
● Assist in change management process as new technology is introduced.
● Manage special projects as required.
● Assist in the development and preparation of presentations and financial analyses to management.
● Continually evaluate the cost versus benefit of imbedded procedures, reports and processes for NAR.
● Coordinate planning process and approach with Divisions, Canada, and Mexico teams.
● Act as a change agent in the organization by actively promoting new solutions to business problems whether they are technology and process improvements or analytical insights.
● Offer recommendations for improvements and manage the change process when necessary.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or Business Administration with 3-5 years of financial analysis experience or equivalent education/experience combination.
● Demonstrated experience with computer applications in a Finance/Administration environment (particularly Excel, Access, Jedox, BW, Tableau, PowerPoint and SAP OR relevant ERP systems/financial planning software tools/systems).
● Demonstrated ability to independently collect, organize and analyze financial and/or statistical data and present results in a concise format. Follow through and deadline attainments along with timely communication are critical success factors for this role.
● Demonstrated in depth finance knowledge, understanding, and application
● A proven desire to improve processes and adapts well to an ever-changing and sometimes ambiguous environment. Proactive in recommending positive changes and leads the agreed upon change process. Challenges current or proposed business practices and procedures
● Proactive thinker who gets things done using initiative, practical thinking and attention to details
● Excellent communication skills - oral and written, with the ability to clearly discuss business issues and translate into financial implications and action plans
● Demonstrated interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective work relationships with all levels of internal and external contacts
● Demonstrated ability to work independently and execute responsibilities in a high volume, deadline oriented environment; the willingness and ability to organize, implement, and complete multiple tasks with limited direction; can maintain accurate documentation and perform quality work with accuracy and attention to detail.
● Ability to work flexible schedule to meet deadlines
● Ability to effectively handle confidential information and materials
● Possess the ability, desire and skills necessary to interact with senior management
● Proven ability to direct, coach and coordinate the work of team members, under intense time pressures
● Ability to think conceptually, flexibly and strategically. Demonstrated ability to make decisions independently, based on logical assumptions and factual information
● Experience in process management and/or project management
● An advanced business degree such as an MBA is strongly preferred
● Experience in the beverage alcohol industry
● Experience in other consumer products industries
For more than 145 years, Brown-Forman Corporation has enriched the experience of life by responsibly building fine quality beverage alcohol brands, including Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, Jack Daniel’s & Cola, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Fire, Gentleman Jack, Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel, Finlandia, Korbel, el Jimador, Woodford Reserve, Old Forester, Canadian Mist, Herradura, New Mix, Sonoma-Cutrer, Early Times, Chambord, BenRiach and GlenDronach. Brown-Forman’s brands are supported by nearly 4,600 employees and sold in approximately 160 countries worldwide
For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: NAR Finance
Country: United States
Req Type: Exempt