Brown-Forman Materials Planning & Procurement Analyst in Louisville, Kentucky
This position works to support a fully integrated, highly engaged and efficient global production organization. Responsible for planning, coordination production and purchase to support but not limited to bottling of Pepe, ET, CM and JDCC Brands bottled by BFDO. Ensure accurate and timely delivery and payment for materials and activities to support BFDO bottling and new product launches. Expertly manage company resources and capital to support annual volume of 5.2 million cases.
The planning and procurement of materials to support production of brands bottled by BFDO. To include but not limited to: Labels, Shrink Bands, Flavors, closures used in the bottling facility. Responsible for timely delivery, appropriate approvals, and new product launches for these materials and brands. Work with internal and external contacts to assist with coordinating testing and approval of new and alternate materials. Manage supplier relations, managing cost, resolving supply and payment issues.
• Accurately plan material purchases to support BFDO bottling plans. Materials include but not limited to Labels, Shrink bands, Flavors, and Closures, to support BFDO Production.
• Create and maintain purchase orders for material purchases.
• Coordinate with supplier’s production of materials to ensure materials are available as needed to support BFDO bottling schedules and scheduling principles while limiting exposure for material obsolescence.
• Ensure materials are being produced to B-F specification working with B-F Packaging, QC, QA and R&D teams.
• Work with PMO and Brand Managers on new product launches and package redesigns to ensure that new materials are planned, approved and available to meet project timelines.
• Work with and coordinate materials run out to minimize and meet planned obsolescence.
• Build and maintain productive relationships with suppliers to ensure understanding of B-F’s needs and expectations.
• Understand supplier constraints and limitations to successfully meet B-F needs.
Assist with material contingency plans to minimize risk to material supply.
• Assist with creating and maintaining purchase orders for Materials Planning & Procurement Team.
• Create and manage open PO reports and follow up. Research and resolve PO invoice payment resolution.
• Assist with vendor payments made using Prodagio.
• Work with internal and external partners on continuous improvement initiatives to ensure we deliver high quality, cost-effective products following best practices.
• Train and serve as back up for daily glass and PET releases
• Support VMI program with International Papers
• Execute supplier charge back processing to ensure B-F credits are processed with suppliers and received.
Required Experience & Education:
Education: College/University (Bachelors or Equivalent); Business Administration or a related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
2+ years working in a material planning, procurement or related area in a manufacturing or related environment.
Computer literate including familiarity with current software programs (preference for APO/SAP).
Demonstrate ability to work independently and execute responsibilities via planning and organization, in a high volume.
Demonstrated ability to perform multiple tasks and responsibilities with accuracy and detailed within a scheduled time frame in a fast paced production environment.
Ability to independently assess situations and prioritize time appropriately.
Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of internal and external customers and contacts.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Ability to formulate responses and compose final drafts expressing Company policy or practice.
Demonstrated knowledge of computer software including Excel, Word, and Power Point for word processing and inventory control.
Demonstrated ability to manage operations for low cost and high efficiency.
Preferred Experience & Education:
Certifications: APICS and/or Certified Purchasing Professional
Experience: • Certified by APICS and/or Certified Purchasing Professional (CPP) and/or Senior Professional in Supply Chain Management (CPSM).
• Previous experience with US Customs and BATF regulations as they relate to alcohol and flavor knowledge and experience with ISO 90002 requirements.
• Operational Decision Making
• Planning & Organizing
• Aligning Performance for Success
• Builds Trust
• Builds Organizational Talent
• Business Acumen
• Building Strategic Business Relationships
• Coaching Delegating Responsibility
• Gaining Commitment#SM#TSM
For more than 145 years, Brown-Forman Corporation has enriched the experience of life by responsibly building fine quality beverage alcohol brands, including Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, Jack Daniel’s & Cola, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Fire, Gentleman Jack, Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel, Finlandia, Korbel, el Jimador, Woodford Reserve, Old Forester, Canadian Mist, Herradura, New Mix, Sonoma-Cutrer, Early Times, Chambord, BenRiach and GlenDronach. Brown-Forman’s brands are supported by nearly 4,600 employees and sold in approximately 160 countries worldwide
For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Production
Country: United States
Req Type: Exempt