Brown-Forman Operations Supervisor - Warehouse in Louisville, Kentucky
Meaningful Work From Day One:
Responsible for productivity, cost, quality, on time delivery, safety, and employee morale in warehouse operation. Schedule daily and weekly production activities and assign duties and responsibilities for up to 39 Warehouse employees (Utilities, Truck Drivers, Processing Utilities) across two shifts. Lead and coach employees in the proper performance of duties, provide training and address performance issues. Provide for hourly employee administration and support including vacation and absence programs, monitoring time and attendance. Control labor costs and expenditures and supervise operations within department productivity targets and budget. Supervise operations to achieve established standards for sanitation, quality, and safety. Supporting resources for the specification and prioritization of warehouse maintenance repair parts, the warehouse work order system, the warehouse preventive maintenance program, the scheduling and coordination of capital and major maintenance projects. Responsible for understanding the current Collective Bargaining Agreement and managing to its guidelines.
What You Will Do in This Role:
Productivity: Monitor, address, and record downtime for all employees in the warehouse area; ability to investigate equipment and system failures; do root cause analysis and develop and implement continuous improvement solutions; ensure product quality, specify needed maintenance through the work order process. Handle multiple tasks on a daily basis including projects, cost saving measures, and advance planning. Understands and is able to provide guidance to operators and mechanics on conveyors, forklifts, barrel handling equipment, and truck functions. Has ability to design, modify, and optimize/implement existing work processes. Requires partnership with Maintenance, Distillery, Cooperage, and Finance. Prepare shipping paper for intercompany transfers of barrels. Knowledge or SAP and willingness to learn the necessary transactions of the position.
• Cost: Manage overall financial results which includes budget preparation as well as materials, labor, capital and overhead. Manage/participate in budget development; maintains responsibility for labor/overhead budget; and develops scope, justification and implements cost savings projects. Requires partnership with Finance and General Manager.
• Quality: Monitor the quality of production end products and operational performance and area sanitation and supervise operations to achieve targeted standards and parameters for quality and sanitation. Has ability to understand/interpret results as it relates to business impact; has ability to interpret/understand raw material & finished quality packaging inspection. Requires partnership with Quality Control and Processing department leaders to achieve success.
• Safety/Environmental: Maintain a safe work environment and promote accident prevention by eliminating potential hazards. Knowledge of and adherence to federal, state, and local regulations. Provides a work environment that complies with all safety and regulatory requirements in relationship to employee’s contractors, products, and customers. Manages environmental and safety issues ethically. Requires partnership with Warehouse Safety Coordinator, Warehouse Safety Team, Corporate Safety leaders, employees, and Environmental departments.
• Delivery: Oversees production and the accurate storage and management of goods to ensure internal and external customer orders are accurately processed and shipped. Manage monthly and annual barrel inventory counts.
• Repair and Maintenance: Oversees cistern room, warehouses, and dump floor, requires partnership with maintenance and facilities maintenance.
• Order Picking: Creates ongoing order pick and replenishment scheduled work for employees per day per shift
• Project Management: Direct and assist on special projects such as continuous improvement, equipment installations and modifications, evaluating operations, training, etc. as required. Has ability to operate as team member interfacing with material/equipment vendors.
• Specific Warehousing/Consumer Product Manufacturing Experience:
Requires understanding/knowledge through in-depth experience in a consumer products manufacturing environment.
o Inventory Management
o Loading and Unloading domestic trucks
o Loading and Unloading international containers
o DOT rules and regulations
What Exactly Are We Looking For:
College/University (Bachelors or Equivalent); Business, Engineering or Related Degree
Experience: Combination of experience and other college degrees will be considered.
Minimum of 2 years of manufacturing management experience in union environment
• Ability to work across various shifts (this is being posted as a 7a – 4 p.m. role) but may vary.
• Excel, SAP, Microsoft access, notes database & windows
• Familiarity with Safety and Quality processes
What Makes You Unique:
Education: College degree preferred
Experience: 5 or more years of manufacturing experience in a union environment
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Supply Chain
Req ID: JR-00006828