Brown-Forman Plant Production Leader - Processing in Louisville, Kentucky
Manage team of 9-10 processing operators in support of a 3 shift production environment. Lead and coach employees in the proper performance of duties, provide training and address performance issues. Supervise operations to achieve established standards for sanitation, quality and safety. Understand and act upon the current Collective Bargaining Agreement and managing to its guidelines for hourly workforce.
• Monitors the production and processing of B-F Bourbons, Liqueurs, and Spirits to ensure products meet quality standards.
• Plans, organizes, and ensure completion of chemical qualitative and organoleptic analysis on in-process and finished product samples, incoming beverage alcohol products and select raw materials to insure adherence to manufacturing and quality standards.
• Manages Processing Operators, ensuring assignments are clearly communicated and tasks are completed as expected.
• Holds employees accountable, document performance issues, and discipline as needed to ensure all employees are treated fairly and consistently.
• Has working knowledge and understanding of the Collective Bargaining agreement and ability to execute scheduling and accountability for hourly employees per this agreement.
• Recommends adjustments and corrective actions to bring products to standard during processing.
• Owns Processing sanitation audit follow-ups, suggesting action items and improvement opportunities.
• Participates in BFDO QUEST team.
• Owns and completes IPP auditing and follow-ups for all Processing and Quality work areas.
• Oversees data trends on all products to assist in specification refinement, formulation changes and procedural improvements.
• Manages inventory of and order bulk ingredients and spirits, included but not limited to carbon, DE, GNS, HFCS, Tequila, and Canadian Whiskey.
• Ensures all Processing standards are up-to-date, proper training is executed and documented, and auditing is completed on a regular interval.
• Acts as owner of the Processing quality systems, suggesting improvements and sharing best practices with all B-F sites.
• Leads Continuous Improvement initiatives for the department, influencing the CI vision to drive for zero loss across organization.
• Has a clear understanding of JRAs, LOTO requirements, and Haz-Mat procedures for the Processing area. Ensures all employees work safely and are compliant with all B-F safety policies and practices.
Required Experience & Education:
Experience: 4 years experience in beverage/food industry or related industry i.e. chemical, processing environment OR at least 3 years working within the Spirits industry in a Quality, R&D, or production capacity. Leadership experience, preferred. Demonstrated ability to apply comprehensive knowledge of analytical procedures and techniques to the completion of complex assignments. Demonstrated olfactory/sensory discriminating skill. Strong statistical/analytical skills. Good operating knowledge of analytical equipment. Effective interpersonal skills; ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with Management team and Hourly workforce. Ability to work periodic overtime, support a 24 hour operation.#SM#TSM
For more than 145 years, Brown-Forman Corporation has enriched the experience of life by responsibly building fine quality beverage alcohol brands, including Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, Jack Daniel’s & Cola, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Fire, Gentleman Jack, Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel, Finlandia, Korbel, el Jimador, Woodford Reserve, Old Forester, Canadian Mist, Herradura, New Mix, Sonoma-Cutrer, Early Times, Chambord, BenRiach and GlenDronach. Brown-Forman’s brands are supported by nearly 4,600 employees and sold in approximately 160 countries worldwide
For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Production
Country: United States
Req Type: Exempt