Brown-Forman Plant Production Leader (Shift Hours 11:00 A.M. - 7:00 P.M.) in Louisville, Kentucky
Responsible for productivity, cost, quality, on time delivery, safety and employee morale in shipping operation. Schedule daily and weekly production activities and assign duties and responsibilities for up to 11 Shipping Utility Operators as operations require. Lead and coach employees in the proper performance of duties, provide training and address performance issues. Provide for hourly employee administration and support including vacation and absence programs, monitoring time and attendance. Control labor costs and expenditures and supervise operations within department productivity targets and budget. Supervise operations to achieve established standards for sanitation, quality and safety. Supporting resource for the specification and prioritization of plant’s maintenance repair parts, the plant work order system, the plant preventive maintenance program, the scheduling and coordination of capital and major maintenance projects. Responsible for understanding the current Collective Bargaining Agreement and managing to its guidelines.
• Productivity : Monitor, address and record downtime for all employees in Shipping area; ability to investigate equipment and system failures; do root cause analysis and develop and implement continuous improvement solutions; ensure product quality, specify needed maintenance through the work order process. Handle multiple tasks on a daily basis including projects, cost saving measures, and advance planning. Understands and is able to provide guidance to operators and mechanics on conveyors and palletizer equipment, re-label equipment, automated packaging equipment, package line control systems, packaging inspecting systems & package coding systems. Has ability to design, modify, and optimize/implement existing plant work processes. Requires partnership with Maintenance, Bottling, and Finance.
• Cost : Manage overall financial results which includes budget preparation as well as materials, labor, capital and overhead. Manage/participate in budget development; maintains responsibility for labor/overhead budget; and develops scope, justification and implements cost savings projects. Requires partnership with Finance and General Manager.
• Quality: Monitor the quality of production end products and operational performance and area sanitation and supervise operations to achieve targeted standards and parameters for quality and sanitation. Has ability to understand/interpret results as it relates to business impact; has ability to interpret/understand raw material & finished quality packaging inspection. Requires partnership with Quality Control and Processing department leaders to achieve success.
• Safety/Environmental: Maintain a safe work environment and promote accident prevention by eliminating potential hazards. Knowledge of and adherence to federal, state and local regulations. Provides a work environment that complies with all safety and regulatory requirements in relationship to employee’s contractors, products and customers. Manages environmental and safety issues ethically. Requires partnership with Plant Safety Coordinator, Safety Working Action Team, Corporate Safety leaders, employees, and Environmental departments.
• Delivery: Oversees production and changeovers; Ensure accurate storage and management of finished goods to insure customer orders are accurately processed and shipped. Manage monthly and annual finished goods inventory counts.
• Repair and Maintenance: Oversees S2 through S3 conveyor system, requires partnership with maintenance and facilities maintenance.
• Order Picking: Creates ongoing order pick and replenishment scheduled work for employees per day per shift
• Project Management: Direct and assist on special projects such as continuous improvement, equipment installations and modifications, evaluating operations, training, etc. as required. Has ability to manage pallet pattern changes and be a part of package changes; and ability to operate as team member interfacing with material/equipment vendors.
• Specific Warehousing/Consumer Product Manufacturing Experience:
Requires understanding/knowledge through in-depth experience in a consumer products manufacturing environment.
o Customer Service
o Inventory Management
o Rework Production
o Loading and Unloading domestic trucks
o Loading and Unloading international containers
o Laser Coding
o Inspection Equipment
o Package Cleaning
Required Experience & Education:
Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Business or related field AND 2-5 years people management experience in a manufacturing environment. Equivalent education and experience combinations will be considered. Ability to work across various shifts (this is being posted as a 11a.m. to 7 p.m. role) but may vary. Excel, Microsoft access, notes database & windows. Familiarity with Safety and Quality processes.
Previous supervisory experience in a union environment.
6 or more years of manufacturing experience in a union environment.
o Explores innovation in terms of technology, people, processes and systems.
o Utilizes resources effectively – look at internal/external resources
o Develop/plan short and long range objectives in support of Company.
o Shows enthusiasm, encourages input through motivation and inclusion and keeps focused on what is important.
o Consistency/fairness; manages the selection, termination, development, measurement, motivation and cooperation of team members and staff
o Understands the union environment.
Drive for results
o Exhibit an unrelenting results focus; sense of urgency
o Good judgment and ability to make quick decisions – sometimes “on the fly”
o Teaches, coaches, develops team members
o Assure that employees receive adequate training to grow personally and professionally.
o Ability to multi-task and measure results; Planning and organizing
o Verbal, written, to a variety of audiences.
o Produces Daily, weekly, monthly reports as required in a timely fashion; lead team meetings at shift changes to ensure trouble-free transition.
o Accurate and timely; Ability to communicate with all levels of management
o Relationship builder; Sensitive to feelings of others; Listening and comprehension skills
o Encourages greater diversity in the organization
o Recognizes and rewards diverse points of view
o Ability to work with people from a wide range of backgrounds/skills#SM#TSM
For more than 145 years, Brown-Forman Corporation has enriched the experience of life by responsibly building fine quality beverage alcohol brands, including Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, Jack Daniel’s & Cola, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Fire, Gentleman Jack, Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel, Finlandia, Korbel, el Jimador, Woodford Reserve, Old Forester, Canadian Mist, Herradura, New Mix, Sonoma-Cutrer, Early Times, Chambord, BenRiach and GlenDronach. Brown-Forman’s brands are supported by nearly 4,600 employees and sold in approximately 160 countries worldwide
For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Production
Country: United States
Req Type: Exempt