Brown-Forman Plant Production Leader (Shift Hours 3:00 PM - 11:30 PM) in Louisville, Kentucky
Responsible for safety, morale, quality, productivity, delivery and cost of off shift bottling operations team. Leads team of machine operators to achieve performance targets through the effective communication of job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching and counseling employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures. Schedules daily and weekly production activities and assigns duties and responsibilities for up to 60 Bottling Operators across 3 shifts. Establishes and executes training plans to ensure the team success. Responsible for controlling labor costs to productivity targets and budget. Responsible for understanding the current Collective Bargaining Agreement and managing to its guidelines.
• Maintain a safe work environment and promote accident prevention by eliminating potential hazards. Knowledge of and adherence to federal, state and local regulations. Provides a work environment that complies with all safety and regulatory requirements in relationship to employee’s contractors, products and customers. Manages environmental and safety issues ethically. Requires partnership with Plant Safety Coordinator, Safety Working Action Team, Corporate Safety leaders, employees, and Environmental departments.
• Monitor production operations to achieve targeted standards and parameters for quality and sanitation. Has ability to understand/interpret results as it relates to business impact; has ability to interpret/understand raw material & finished quality packaging inspection. Requires partnership with Quality Control and Processing department leaders to achieve success.
• Address and record downtime for all employees in production area; ability to investigate equipment and system failures; lead root cause analysis and develop and implement continuous improvement solutions; ensure product quality, specify needed maintenance through the work order process. Handle multiple tasks on a daily basis including projects, cost saving measures, and advance planning. Understands and is able to provide guidance to operators and mechanics on conveyors and palletizer equipment, re-label equipment, automated packaging equipment, package line control systems, packaging inspecting systems & package coding systems. Has ability to design, modify, and optimize/implement existing plant work processes. Requires partnership with Maintenance, Shipping, and Finance.
• Manage overall financial results which includes budget preparation as well as materials, labor, capital and overhead. Manage/participate in budget development; maintains responsibility for labor/overhead budget; and develops scope, justification and implements cost savings projects. Requires partnership with Finance and General Manager.
• Oversees production and changeovers
• Direct and assist on special projects such as continuous improvement, equipment installations and modifications, evaluating operations, training, etc. as required. Has ability to be a part of package changes; and ability to operate as team member interfacing with material/equipment vendors.
Required Experience & Education:
Bachelor’s Degree and 2-5 years people management experience in a manufacturing environment. Demonstrated ability supporting teams through motivation and inclusion. Experience managing the selection, termination, development, measurement, motivation and cooperation of team members. Ability to multi-task and measure results; Strong planning, organizing and communication skills.
Preferred Experience & Education:
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering discipline.
Experience: Experience leading people in a union environment.
Grade 28 National
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Production
Req ID: JR-00000279