Brown-Forman Pricing & Replenishment Analyst- Remote Work Location in Louisville, Kentucky
For 150 years, Brown-Forman Corporation has enriched the experience of life by responsibly building fine quality beverage alcohol brands, including Jack Daniel’s Family of Brands, Finlandia, Korbel, el Jimador, Woodford Reserve, Old Forester, Coopers’ Craft, Herradura, New Mix, Sonoma-Cutrer, Chambord, BenRiach, GlenDronach, Slane, and Fords Gin. Brown-Forman’s brands are supported by approximately 4,800 employees and sold in more than 170 countries worldwide. For more information about the company, please visit https://www.brown-forman.com/ .
You Can Look Forward To:
This position is a key team member responsible for managing Brown-Forman's vendor-managed pricing system with Walmart. The Business Analyst works with Brown-Forman distributors to ensure that product costs are entered and transmitted to Walmart. This position provides reporting, administrative, and analytical support on both the Walmart & Sam’s Club business, specifically around pricing opportunities and inventory management.
What You Will Experience:
Pricing System Management (VIP)
● Expert user of VIP and primary system contact for over 130 vendor-managed B-F Distributor partners across 34 states
● Maintains current store authorizations by product for all vendor-managed stores and items
● Leads the process to gather costs from all distributors for both Walmart (via VIP) and Sam’s Club (via Pricing Gateway), as well as ad hoc requests outside these systems
● Responsible for electronic data transmits to Walmart for 1700 retail stores and 5,500 B-F distribution points
● Partners with buyers quarterly to adjust margin tables which generate retail prices
● Manages accuracy of costs, margins and retails for all BF brands in Walmart’s system
● Works with VIP to set up new distributors in the portal
● Works with VIP to set up new items in the portal
● Sets-up new Walmart licenses to receive B-F electronic data files from Distributor partners. Reporting & Administrative Responsibilities
● Responsible for monitoring BF portfolio to ensure all retails meet Walmart’s guidelines and state regulations regarding mark-up and margin
● Provides weekly summary of Walmart pricing changes by state/item to BF Walmart team
● Completes new item paperwork and ensures items are set up correctly
● Audits pricing in Control states, Warehouse states, and Centralized Replenishment states for accuracy of costs, retails and margins
● Manages item & distributor matrix in STX (Third-party warehouse for Walmart’s Retail Link data)
● Monitors inventory levels at Walmart and Sam’s Club and identifies widespread or chronic out of stock issues
● Tracks new items to make sure they are brought into stores and scanning. Works closely with BF Walmart team and distributors to close any gaps.
Data Analytic Support
● Monitors competitive retails using syndicated data and uncovers potential opportunities
● Works with Revenue Growth Manager to provide ad-hoc analysis of the impact of retail changes in each market
● Assists with Retail Link reports and analytics for Walmart and Sam’s Club by using available data to draw conclusions and identify trends and opportunities
We Are Looking For People Who:
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s Degree with 1-3 years of experience in basic data analysis, preferably within
consumer products company; or education/experience equivalent.
● Proficient in Windows based programs such as Excel and Word
● Effective planning and organization in a high volume, deadline-oriented environment.
● Ability to perform work with accuracy, with attention to detail and within established time frames.
● Ability to maintain and develop effective working relationships with all levels of Brown-Forman personnel, distributors and chain account buyers
● Strong communication skills
● Professional business writing and speaking skills required
● Problem solving skills and natural curiosity
What Makes You Unique:
● Experience with Retail Link and the ability to transfer these skills to a new industry
● Experience working with syndicated Data (i.e. Nielsen or IRI)
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: USA & Canada
Req ID: JR-00001692