Brown-Forman Regional Marketing Operations Manager POS & Gift - USA&C/Global in Louisville, Kentucky
Meaningful Work From Day One:
● Provides management and leadership of the region’s Global POS & Gift sourcing partnership.
● Responsible for activities associated with all operations and distribution of all Brown Forman shipments to and from HH Global hub warehouse, as well as coordinating with Brown-Forman owned distribution local warehouses.
● Primary contact for HH Global for the region, leading our quarterly business review (QBR) sessions, acts as an escalation point and resolution for any issues or concerns, and manages our overall regional partnership. Provides input and participates in contract negotiations, as needed.
● Collaborates with other regional leads to provide input and feedback on our global contract and performance with HH Global. Responsible for developing/managing the local statements of work in their region ensuring both parties are partnering appropriately and meeting the terms of the agreements.
● Drives collaborative efforts across the region to ensure we are leveraging the expertise and buying power that HHG will provide, as well as ensuring we are appropriately creating/purchasing the correct ratio of globally, regionally, and locally-created POS and Gift.
● Champions our partnership with HH Global encouraging the region to follow the defined ways of working and addressing concerns when the process is not followed.
● Leads, develops, manages, and promotes our processes and procedures to ensure we are operating efficiently (and in alignment with all procurement policies - eg. procurement, human rights, supplier code of conduct, etc.) across the region.
● Process expert for sourcing global, regional, & local POS and Gift.
● Aligns and coordinates regional buy calendars and contributes to the coordination of global buy schedules.
● Strong, proactive communicator … clearly shares expectations with local markets, holds the market accountable for … (allocations, new requests, etc). This includes influencing and gaining support for key processes and initiatives.
● Manages an annual review process of inventory in Q2, working with HH Global and marketing to identify any discontinued items not selling to limit obsolescence and identify plans to deplete inventory.
● Ensure VALO system is configured and maintained, providing system enhancement input, training or assisting users with the system, and ensuring our reporting needs are met.
● Partners with regional leadership and divisional market manager to evaluate how the market is applying the BF Way of Brand Building as it applies to Gift & POS. Sharing reports and providing recommendations where adjustments may be needed.
● Establishes relationships and nurtures partnerships with GBS and/or Supply Chain Procurement to monitor and share category management strategies, results and guidance.
● Responsible for understanding all related procurement policies and sharing with the region as needed.
● Monitors region’s level of satisfaction with HHG partnership seeking feedback on a regular basis.
● Ensures systems are set up and maintained for proper financial reporting, invoicing processing, account reconciling (intercompany and internal cost distributions) , intercompany transactions, and efficient payment processing.
● Accountable for business unit P&L performance
● Approves regional and local Gift requests in partnership with divisional marketing and regional leadership.
What Exactly Are We Looking For?
Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent in business or related discipline.
Minimum 5 to 7 years experience in marketing or sourcing.
Experience managing sourcing agency and vendor relationships.
Process workflow expert with proven process improvement leadership and system management experience.
Demonstrated experience leading change and influencing decisions/outcomes.
Strong solution oriented communicator and collaborator. Experience in building strong relationships with multiple areas (Outside Agencies/Partners, Marketing, Commercial, GBS, Supply Chain, Finance, Other) and regions.
Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives.
Strong business acumen and budget development and management.
Proven ability to engage, empower and develop talent through inclusive leadership. Active DEI champion.
What Makes You Unique:
Experience working with consumer durables, consumer products, and/or specific beverage industry experience.
Knowledge of the Brown-Forman organization and its business.
Experience leading projects with international organizations with diverse cultures, business operations, and organizational needs.
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Marketing
Req ID: JR-00005584