Brown-Forman Retail Manager, Old Forester Distillery in Louisville, Kentucky
Meaningful Work From Day One:
Lead the efforts of the Old Forester Distillery Retail operations and any off-site stores or remote locations. Responsible for ensuring the gift shop and e-commerce store meet brand goals and are aligned in all branding of Old Forester (products, visual merchandising and communications). Oversees the inventory of merchandise and retail budget. Highly motivated with a strong focus on bottle sales. Provides direction, leadership, and support as necessary to achieve a premium shopping experience to all gift shop and e-commerce visitors. Retail Manager carries out responsibilities involved with direct personnel management, loss prevention, physical inventory, proper cash management, merchandising, customer service, and any other duties as assigned.
What You Can Expect:
● Provides leadership for the full retail team, ensuring an engaged Retail team
● Conducts performance evaluations for direct reports
● Responsible for coaching and developing team members to perform job duties and providing developmental direction when needed
● Approves staffing schedules developed by the Retail Coordinator
● Addresses employee issues effectively and appropriately
● Assists in communicating operational updates to the retail team
● Will function as backup in Operation Manager’s absence in all Homeplace operations areas
● Responsible for management of quarterly inventory and continual spot checks. Prepares, analyzes and shares monthly sales reports. Interpret and assess financial performance of profit/loss within the gift shop.
● Manages amenity program to maximize revenue generation and build brand awareness by working with external groups and internal BF groups that rent distillery facilities.
● Proactively brings ideas and sale opportunities to Operations Manager to promote bottle and merchandise sales within guest experiences.
● Responsible for yearly inventory and ultimately reconciles with Controller, retail assistant, and accountant.
● Identify new opportunities and products to be reviewed in bi-weekly meetings with Operations Manager and Licensing Manager.
● Develop and execute annual gift shop and e-commerce strategy and plan.
● Shares all projects and merchandise orders with Operations Manager.
● Responsible for layout of retail floor space.
● Oversees all customer complaints that are escalated, relative to gift shop.
● Manage POS software relationship with software vendor and Brown-Forman IT.
● Oversee all banking for Old Forester Distillery (change, deposits) and sales tax reporting.
● Develop yearly marketing strategy plan for retail programs.
● Oversees the management of the shipping process.
● Identifies and secures merchandise vendors, meeting all licensing and compliance standards.
● Partner w/licensing and outsourced e-commerce vendor for cohesive brand items and e-commerce operations.
● Partners with the digital team for gift shop promotions.
● Develop and execute a yearly retail promotional calendar in conjunction with brand team and digital marketing.
● Collaborate with the Brand Team, Operations Manager and Homeplace Director to develop a premium bottle release strategy.
● Partner with Operations Manager for distillery releases.
Retail Team Training and SOP development:
● Approve all standard operating procedures for front of house and back of house.
● Ensures all laws and rules are being always followed by all team members
● Develops with Retail Coordinators topics for and assists in leading morning meetings for retail team
● Attends Brown-Forman training sessions when applicable and as well as regular management meetings
Visitor Experience and Sales, as needed:
● May need to assist guests on the sales floor to provide exceptional customer service.
● Discuss and educate visitors on the OFD brand, history, and merchandise
● Answers customer questions and resolves customer issues
● Always Provides excellent customer service
● Accurately complete transactions and handles money
We Are Looking For People Who:
● Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 5 years retail management experience.
● Ability to lead in a team based environment and manage all relationships with the gift shop team and the public.
● Strong communication, problem solving and decision making skills.
● Proven leadership managing multiple employee types with strong skills including scheduling, directing, and providing feedback.
● Strong inventory management experience.
● Ability to develop and execute a sales plan and strategy for multi-year growth.
● Retail Pro POS software experience.
What Makes You Unique:
● Post graduate degree (Master’s Degree in Business or a hospitality-related field of study).
● Consumer brand homeplace experience.
● Knowledge of the Brown-Forman organization and its business.
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Marketing
Req ID: JR-00003136