Brown-Forman Senior Brand Manager, Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey in Louisville, Kentucky
Posting deadline is Saturday, 11/17/18
Position Title: Senior Brand Manager, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey
Business Area: USA & Canada Marketing
Location: Louisville, KY
Reports to: Brand Director, JDTW
Partners with: Collaborates with multiple internal and external contacts including PR, Modern Media, Sales Promotion, Global Marketing, Consumer Insights, Multi-Cultural Marketing, Finance, agencies, sales, consumers, distributors and retailers.
All B-F Marketers will be expected to be leaders in building “best in class” brands, marketing programs and capabilities and to drive the corporate, USA/Canada, and Marketing strategies. For marketing, all managers need to superbly deliver against 4 key strategic goals: 1) Captivate the Consumer, 2) Innovate Across all Touchpoints, 3) Leverage and Strengthen the Portfolio, and 4) Make it Easy to Buy and Sell our Brands. Also, managers must model the 8 key differentiating capabilities: 1) Inspiring Insights, 2) Innovation, 3) Building Brand Equity, 4) Strategies for Growth, 5) Impact at Point of Purchase, 6) Consumer Communication, 7) Driving Brand Business Performance, 8) Igniting Digital.
This role is responsible for leading our ‘core’ Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey brand. Working with the Brand Director this person will be responsible for achieving short-and long-term brand and business goals.
● Accountable for the plan and profit delivery of these brands.
● Develop and implement short and long term brand strategies
● Develop robust marketing plans based on strong business diagnostics
● Develop and activate innovative brand building platforms and programs.
● Lead consumer activation efforts.
● Manage existing line extensions as well as co-develop (with Global Marketing team and Brand Director) and activate new line extensions.
● Bachelor’s degree plus 7+ years marketing and/or sales experience in a consumer goods environment or education/experience equivalent.
● Demonstrated experience in developing, executing and managing brand plans.
● Experience planning and/or activating against multicultural consumers: having an “Inclusive Marketing” mindset
● Strong verbal and written communicator who can create clear images through words
● Strong interpersonal skills and ability to operate effectively in a collaborative matrix
● Experience working with and managing outside agencies (POS, advertising...)
● Demonstrated ability to develop and execute innovative “big ideas” that grow brands
● Strong analytic skills and the ability to turn “insights to actions”
● Strong results orientation, with a track record of superior financial performance.
● Experience successfully building and leading a high performing team
● Ability and willingness to travel 35-40% of the time, including some weekends
● Spirits/ Beverage Alcohol industry experience
For more than 145 years, Brown-Forman Corporation has enriched the experience of life by responsibly building fine quality beverage alcohol brands, including Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, Jack Daniel’s & Cola, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Fire, Gentleman Jack, Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel, Finlandia, Korbel, el Jimador, Woodford Reserve, Old Forester, Canadian Mist, Herradura, New Mix, Sonoma-Cutrer, Early Times, Chambord, BenRiach and GlenDronach. Brown-Forman’s brands are supported by nearly 4,600 employees and sold in approximately 160 countries worldwide
For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: NAR Marketing
Country: United States
Req Type: Exempt