Brown-Forman Senior Network Engineer in Louisville, Kentucky
Meaningful Work From Day One:
Provide network implementation, and support for the Brown-Forman technology infrastructure, both domestic and internationally. Infrastructure includes storage, voice, and data networks, telecommunications, hardware, systems software, data center, information security, and 24x7 operations support for approximately 4,000 employees. Support an annual department operating expense budget in excess of $15 million and $3-$5 million in capital spending.
What You Can Expect:
Responsible for executing analytical, procedural, and diagnostic processes aimed at researching, implementing, administering, and maintaining the computer network environment and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware and configurations. Following Brown-Forman’s IT project lifecycle methodology, participate in multiple simultaneous technology infrastructure projects.
● Provide 2nd level and escalation support of the Brown-Forman infrastructure required to run daily operations.
● Monitor overall environment performance, identify concerns and/or anomalies and make appropriate accommodations and /or escalate to the appropriate resource.
● Liaise with end users, support vendors, engineers and service desk members as required.
● Create and maintain network documentation required for maintaining operations.
● Ensure performance and availability meet or exceed established service level standards.
● Under minimal supervision, participate in analysis, implementation, support, and testing of supported systems.
● Collaborate with external vendors responsible for various applications and solutions within our operating environments.
● Collaborate with other strategic teams to resolve problems, and take appropriate corrective action(s) to ensure networks are operating correctly and within established operational and functional SLA’s.
Architecture and Process Improvement
● Executes activities associated with testing and QA phases across all development initiatives.
● Serves as an advocate for technical and business innovation by recommending and implementing technical solutions designed to provide a competitive advantage to the company
● Identifies and implements process improvements, and assists in the development of business cases for new investments. Project Management / Engineering
● Under minimal supervision, manage assigned projects according to the IT project management methodology, procedures, and processes.
● Implementing defined solutions into our environment based on project and / or site requirements.
● Verify stability, interoperability, portability, scalability and/or security of architecture components.
We Are Looking For People Who:
● Bachelor's Degree in electronic engineering, mathematics, computer science or related field with 8+ years of experience OR 12+ years of applicable experience.
● Must have a keen sense of system integration requirements and industry trends, and assist in translating those trends and requirements into project deliverables.
● Candidates should be process oriented yet innovative, self-starting, hands-on technology professionals that are able to work independently under minimal supervision.
● Strong verbal and written interpersonal skills, presentation and negotiation skills for communication with all levels of the organization.
● Ability to work a flexible schedule 24x7. Oncall responsibilities in order to support a 24x7 operations environment are required.
● Must have a working knowledge of networking, (wireless/router/switch/firewall/vpn), server, and voice technologies.
● Network and/or system related certifications (Cisco/Windows etc) is a plus
What Makes You Unique:
● Advanced degree in electronic engineering, mathematics, computer science or related field.
● Ability to manage and/or participate in department level projects/assignments with a high level of complexity.
● Possess the skills to initiate, evaluate, develop, defend, and influence users adoption of IT recommendations.
● Certifications in related technologies: GCP & AWS
● GSuite Applications
Additional Qualifications Required:
● Must be willing to travel outside of the Louisville Metro area 15% of the time
● Must be able to travel Internationally 10% of the time
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Information Technology
Req ID: JR-00005595