Brown-Forman Senior Plant Production Leader in Louisville, Kentucky
As the plant manager, the Senior Plant Production Leader directs the end to end operations for 1m case production facility. Responsible for productivity, cost, quality, on time delivery, safety and employee morale across the operation. Schedules daily and weekly production activities to include materials management and logistics activity. Lead and coach employees in the proper performance of duties, provide training and address performance issues. Conduct the administration of production team vacation and absence coverage as well as monitoring time and attendance. Control labor costs and expenditures and supervise operations within department productivity targets and budget. Supervise operations to achieve established standards for sanitation, quality and safety. Provide direction and guidance to maintenance team on production uptime and prioritization of machine maintenance. Supporting resource for the specification and purchase of the plant’s maintenance repair parts and service contracts, the maintenance department’s inventory control program, the plant work order system, the plant preventive maintenance program, the scheduling and coordination of capital and major maintenance projects.
• Productivity : Monitor and record downtime for all equipment in bottling area; ability to investigate equipment and system failures; do root cause analysis and develop and implement continuous improvement solutions; ensure product quality, specify needed maintenance through the work order process. Handle multiple tasks on a daily basis including bottling lines, projects, cost saving measures, and advance planning. Understands and is able to provide guidance to operators and mechanics on automated packaging equipment, package line control systems, packaging inspecting systems & package coding systems. Has ability to design, modify, and optimize/implement existing plant work processes.
• Cost : Manage overall financial results which includes budget preparation as well as materials, labor, capital and overhead. Manage/participate in budget development; maintains responsibility for labor/overhead budget; and develops scope, justification and implements cost savings projects
• Quality: Monitor the quality of production end products and operational performance and area sanitation and supervise operations to achieve targeted standards and parameters for quality and sanitation. Has ability to understand/interpret results as it relates to business impact; has ability to interpret/understand raw material & finished quality packaging inspection
• Safety/Environmental: Maintain a safe work environment and promote accident prevention by eliminating potential hazards. Knowledge of and adherence to federal, state and local regulations. Provides a work environment that complies with all safety and regulatory requirements in relationship to employee’s contractors, products and customers. Manages environmental and safety issues ethically.
• Delivery: Schedules and over sees production and changeovers; develops and prioritizes all maintenance activities within the facility.
• Project Management: Direct and assist on special projects such as equipment installations and modifications, evaluating operations, training, etc. as required. Has ability to manage package changes; and ability to operate as team member interfacing with material/equipment vendors.
Continuous Improvement: Leads CI initiatives for operation, driving for zero loss across organization.
Required Experience & Education:
Education: Bachelors or Equivalent; Business, Engineering (Mechanical, Chemical or Electrical)
Experience: Degree plus 5 or more years manufacturing leadership or 10 or more year’s leadership experience in a manufacturing environment.
•Microsoft Office, SAP, Microsoft Office, Computerized Maintenance Management System, Access, G-Suite#TSM#SM
Preferred Experience & Education:
Education: Degree + 5 years leadership experience in food/beverage manufacturing.
Certifications: CI type certification and training
Specific Bottling/Consumer Product Manufacturing Experience:
Filling, capping, case packing
Labeling, conveyor systems
Work environment: experience managing hourly and employees (union preferable)
o Explores innovation in terms of technology, people, processes and systems.
o Utilizes resources effectively – look at internal/external resources
o Develop/plan short and long range objectives in support of Company.
o Shows enthusiasm, encourages input through motivation and inclusion and keeps focused on what is important.
o Consistency/fairness; manages the selection, termination, development, measurement, motivation and cooperation of team members and staff
Drive for results
o Exhibit an unrelenting results focus; sense of urgency
o Good judgment and ability to make quick decisions – sometimes “on the fly”
o Teaches, coaches, develops team members
o Assure that employees receive adequate training to grow personally and professionally.
o Ability to multi-task and measure results; Planning and organizing
o Verbal, written, up and down
o Daily, weekly, monthly reports as required; lead team meetings at shift changes to ensure trouble free transition.
o Accurate and timely; Ability to communicate with all levels of management
o Relationship builder; Sensitive to feelings of others; Listening and comprehension skills
o Encourages greater diversity in the organization
o Recognizes and rewards diverse points of view
o Ability to work with people from a wide range of backgrounds/skills; Ability to mentor
For more than 145 years, Brown-Forman Corporation has enriched the experience of life by responsibly building fine quality beverage alcohol brands, including Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, Jack Daniel’s & Cola, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Fire, Gentleman Jack, Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel, Finlandia, Korbel, el Jimador, Woodford Reserve, Old Forester, Canadian Mist, Herradura, New Mix, Sonoma-Cutrer, Early Times, Chambord, BenRiach and GlenDronach. Brown-Forman’s brands are supported by nearly 4,600 employees and sold in approximately 160 countries worldwide
For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status
Business Area: Global Production
Country: United States
Req Type: Exempt