Brown-Forman Shopper Insights Lead - West in Louisville, Kentucky
Scope: The Shopper Insights Lead West will create actionable insights that drive to business-building solutions for the
priority On and Off-Premise National Chains and Customer Marketing teams by mining data/trends/research studies,
conducting/managing primary research, and distilling and synthesizing syndicated information. They will uncover
guest/shopper behavior/attitudes/motivations, channel trends. They will work closely with insights partners and build
bridges to other disciplines to better share and leverage knowledge. They will proactively ask questions and uncover
guest and shopper behavior issues that they will then work with the team to solve. They will consistently seek out
diverse and non-confirming ideas to respectfully challenge and push the thinking forward. Most importantly, they will
be insatiably curious, collaborative, and engage in continuous self and insight learning.
Combine research, shopper, guest, customer, and channel understanding, trends, and strategic thinking to guide
brand and sales growth to do the following:
Develop and Deliver On & Off-Premise Selling Insights
- Work closely with National Chain and Customer Marketing partners to develop guest/shopper insight-driven
solutions that integrate our category, brand equity & business objectives with the needs of targeted shopper/guest.
- Owning the research process (primary and/or secondary) from stating objectives, design and execution
through to interpretation, implementation and commercialization.
- Actively engage across the organization to thoroughly leverage pre-existing research (primary & secondary) to
educate the sales force and create more robust selling stories and educational materials.
- Assist with accelerating category and brand growth by evaluating and interpreting insights based guest/shopper
information that can be integrated into and leveraged as part of a Brand/Customers Objectives and Strategies.
- Explore guest/shopper decision-making processes at the point of purchase or consumtion, as well as our strategic
decisions on brand/channel fit, identification of target guest/shoppers, etc.
- Continually identify the questions, issues, and knowledge gaps to develop solutions that can make “selling
insights” even more impactful.
- Identify discrepancies between internal beliefs and external realities that can lead to new ways of approaching
the business and, ultimately, deliver competitive advantage.
- Make authoritative and confident presentations in front of large groups of internal and external stakeholders that
lead to new opportunities for B-F products as well as for the category.
Uncover shopper behavior/attitudes/motivations and channel trends.
Conduct primary research and mine insights from numerous data sources, secondary research to understand how
shoppers are shopping the wine and spirits category by channel and customer.
- Distill information down to create impactful, clear, simple written decks.
Champion Growing the Insights Team’s Ability to Create Actionable Insights
- Seek out and identify innovation opportunities (e.g., new tools, capabilities, practices, etc.), bring these ideas
forward, and then help implement agreed-upon ones.
- Constructively and openly bring issues/barriers to the forefront and help solve them.
- Four-Year College Degree, 5+ years in Shopper Marketing or Shopper Insights, or equivalent
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills to include the ability to influence and present
effectively. Solid business maturity and ability to present to Sr. level executives both internally at BF and at key
Excellent project and time management skills are essential
Track record of success translating data, research, and trends into actionable insights: capable of understanding various methodologies and data sources and their appropriateness for applying to a
particular business issue.
Can uncover the insight needs of internal customers and satisfy these needs
Demonstrated intellectual curiosity, open-minded self-starter who will go looking for relevant questions to be answered and who can manage through ambiguity
Outstanding oral and written communication skills, who can provide outstanding examples of their power-point presentations
Highly self-aware and able to quickly internalize feedback and course-correct
Team player who can appreciate and use inputs from others, someone who knows when to push and when to relax, who seeks out non-confirming opinions and input
Ability to collaborate and build bridges within and across disciplines
Ability to set priorities and maintain them. This role requires someone who is able to manage many projects simultaneously.
Management of research suppliers: evaluation of proposals, helping suppliers maximize value, etc.
Conduct primary research: qualitative and quantitative
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: USA & Canada
Req ID: JR-00000593