Brown-Forman Supply Chain Manager - Wood Planning/Procurement & Processing in Louisville, Kentucky
Scope of Position:
Directly responsible for the management of the wood supply chain for the Wood Planning, Procurement and Processing Group and the related mill and cooperage operations.
To manage the supply of logs to our mills and stave and heading to our cooperages in the most cost effective manner. This involves communicating and coordinating the movement of purchased material from our vendors and produced material at our company owned mills, as well as, monitoring their inventory levels. Also responsible for coordinating and evaluating the effectiveness of our third party freight haulers. This role will manage one inventory management specialist.
• Manage and coordinate the flow of stave and heading from internal (4) and external (12+) mills to ensure Brown-Forman Cooperage and Jack Daniel Cooperage have sufficient wood supplies to produce required barrels .
• Work with the Senior Manager of Wood Procurement to ensure sufficient log supplies are maintained at all mills and transportation costs are minimized.
• Regularly review all established trucking routes and relationships to ensure the most cost effective routes and carriers are utilized.
• Plan, manage and coordinate vendor outturns at our cooperages to ensure mills are receiving regular feedback on the quality of their stave and heading, as well as, identifying our most cost effective producers.
• Provide guidance to Cooperages on kiln drying schedules. Provide analysis to support drying decision making and future drying capacity.
• Conduct regular physical audits of inventories at all locations to ensure accurate inventory records are being maintained.
• Work with Financial Management Team and WPPP Director to keep them apprised of current developments and issues regarding inventory and logisitics.
• Establish direct working relationships with our vendors to understand their related businesses and how we may utilize those in our operations.
• Work / help coordinate with Cooperages / Mills / Other BF Depts on special wood related projects.
• Provide future looking guidance on wood related capacity to Cooperages/ Mills.
• Supervise the activities associated with the work begin done by the inventory analyst.
Required Experience & Education:
Education: College/University (Bachelors or Equivalent); Supply Chain Management or Business Experience: • Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management or Business with a minimum of 5+ year’s inventory management experience. Equivalent education and experience combinations will be considered.
• Previous experience in business analysis with demonstrated ability in data interpretation and manipulation.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of personnel and external contacts.
• Ability to influence decision making in partners
• Ability to develop strong internal relationships and interact at all levels
• Proven ability to research, develop and implement creative business solutions
• Demonstrated planning and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated ability to analyze information and use the results to benefit the business
Preferred Experience & Education:
Experience: • Experience in the logistics industry or knowledge of mill and cooperage operations#SM#TSM
For more than 145 years, Brown-Forman Corporation has enriched the experience of life by responsibly building fine quality beverage alcohol brands, including Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, Jack Daniel’s & Cola, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Fire, Gentleman Jack, Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel, Finlandia, Korbel, el Jimador, Woodford Reserve, Old Forester, Canadian Mist, Herradura, New Mix, Sonoma-Cutrer, Early Times, Chambord, BenRiach and GlenDronach. Brown-Forman’s brands are supported by nearly 4,600 employees and sold in approximately 160 countries worldwide
For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Production
Country: United States
Req Type: Exempt