Brown-Forman Jack Daniel's Electrical Engineer in Lynchburg, Tennessee
Scope of Position
• Complete responsibility for conception, analysis, design, justification and management of engineering projects involving capital expenditures and controls systems upgrades, including managing change and maintaining system documentation.
• Responsibility for technical leadership and implementation of innovative procedures, equipment, and processes, as related to controls and monitoring systems.
• Plant wide leadership of Production related risk management and safety integration to control systems.
Identifies, evaluates, develops, designs, and implements plant improvements, expansion projects, process and control system changes, and new technologies to achieve increased productivity, enhanced manufacturing flexibility and capacity, improved product quality, and TTB, safety, environmental compliance, and risk management.
· Resolve operational problems related to projects and minimize delays or unexpected cost increases.
· Interpret client requirements, identify and address design parameters and engineering problems and ensure solutions are implemented accurately and within budget.
· Analyze project requirements and perform technical calculations supporting design including electrical requirements, safety standards, and process controls.
· Provide project management on multi‐million dollar capital projects.
· Responsible for scope definition through interpretation of client requirements, capital cost and operating cost savings development, investment justification, system design, cost value analysis, equipment design specifications, engineering design specifications, and supervision/management of outside vendors, consulting engineers, and contractors.
· Prepare critical path project schedule and coordination of plant production scheduling, equipment vendors/manufacturers, outside contractors and plant personnel to insure compliance with project scope, schedule, and budget.
· Manage project installation/construction, start‐up, commissioning, and the effective transfer of technology and training to plant operating personnel.
· Ensures Jack Daniel safety and compliance standards are adhered to on all jobs.
· Ensures adherence to project scope, budget, schedule, and anticipated performance results.
· Interface with plant managers and operating and maintenance personnel to provide hands‐on situational troubleshooting expertise, technical leadership, and project management expertise on plant project initiatives and operational improvement opportunities.
· Provide technical engineering consultation, assistance, and leadership to plant personnel and staff departments regarding electrical controls and instrumentation, risk management and safety integration, process monitoring systems, and HMI (human machine interface) applications.
Must Requirements (including any physical requirements):
· B.S. Engineering or related technical degree.
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in process control & HMI programing , project engineering and/or plant engineering
· Demonstrated project management skills
· Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
· Works effectively in diverse work groups
· Demonstrated equipment/process troubleshooting skills
· Siemens, PLC and HMI programming expertise
· Demonstrated expertise in industrial control software systems and application
· Experience with design specification, layout, and operation of process control systems
· B.S. Electrical Engineering
· PCS7, Route and Batch Software, Ethernet
· Experience working in an industrial processing or related environment preferably in Food and Beverage
· Significant plant operations experience
· Basic financial aptitude#SM#TSM
Brown-Forman, founded in 1870, is a diversified producer and marketer of fine quality beverage alcohol brands. Headquartered in Louisville, KY, Brown-Forman currently employs about 4,000 people and has offices or facilities in 30 cities across the globe. Starting in the mid-1950s, the company began a series of acquisitions that would place it among the top 10 largest spirits companies in the world, selling its brands in more than 135 countries across the globe. These include many of the most well-known and best-loved wines and spirits brands, including Jack Daniel’s, Finlandia Vodka, Old Forester, Woodford Reserve, Herradura and el Jimador Tequilas, and Korbel champagnes. For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Production
Country: United States
Req Type: Exempt