Brown-Forman Manager of Hospitality Services- Jack Daniel's Homeplace in Lynchburg, Tennessee
Scope of Position:
Leads, Guides and Directs the activities associated with Hospitality Services, Food and Beverage and Events at the Jack Daniel/Lynchburg Homeplace. This includes leading the efforts of all events coordinated by Marketing Operations in Lynchburg and wherever food and beverage is served throughout the Marketing Operation in Lynchburg. Will also be supporting the strategic direction of the World Championship BBQ, Miss Mary Bobo’s Restaurant, The Motlow House and TN Squire Program. In addition, this role has dotted line responsibility for the Nashville Brand Ambassador and serves as one of the whiskey heritage Ambassador’s for The Jack Daniel Distillery.
Hospitality Services – Leads the activities at the Motlow House associated with events, Personal Collection Single Barrel Whiskey Selections, Conduct Family of Brands Tastings, Single Barrel Selections, tours, and host media visits. Must fully understand the production process, quality, and maturation, including selection of aged product which meets or exceeds the various criteria and quality parameters set forth for the Jack Daniel Family of Brands of Whiskeys. Leads the strategic direction at Miss Bobo’s Boarding House restaurant and all events at the Homeplace.
Ambassador Responsibilities – Assist the Master Distiller and Assistant Master Distiller as needed with Ambassador needs, to include serving as Brand Ambassador building the JD Family of Brands both locally at the distillery and may include regional travel. Will also assist the site Sr. Leadership team by hosting guests at the Homeplace and Distillery and giving plant site tours at the Distillery, cooperage and stave mills.
Engage in such functions or events as: media interviews, speaking engagements, off-site tastings, VIP tours, and hosting distributor and market visits, etc. Host events held at day or night and weekends/holidays as required.
• Will be responsible for ensuring the Guest Experience at the Jack Daniel Distillery meets with the Brand direction and exceeds the expectations of the guests. Lead a team of approximately 60 employees whose focus is on providing a unique and one of a kind experience for the guests of the Jack Daniel Distillery. This includes restaurant operations at Miss Mary Bobo’s Boarding House Restaurant and catering functions for the Homeplace. Lead a team of Event Coordinators who schedule and execute a sundry of events at one of nearly a dozen event spaces on the Distillery property and in or around Lynchburg. Will be heavily involved with goal setting, using analytics to improve operations and measuring performance. Ensure and operate a safe environment for our guests and employees. Maintain excellent team morale and friendly culture for our employees.
• Conduct VIP tours of the production facilities in Lynchburg for various distributor groups (international and domestic) and other groups as appropriate, and help conduct tasting for these groups, providing the history of the products and the town where they are produced.
• Host tastings and personal selections/collections.
• Travel the U.S. as an ambassador for Jack Daniel performing or conducting the following types of events: (1) Press, radio and television interviews; (2) speaking to the management and staffs of various outlets such as hotels and resorts; (3) to social and business clubs as deemed appropriate to business goals; (3) providing presentations to wholesalers, retailers, various liquor control boards, etc.; (4) Single Barrel promotions at hotels such as The Ritz Carlton and others; (5) Bottle signings; (6) promotion events such as: tastings, music concerts, product promotion-whiskey fest and spirits expo-type events.
• Support PR and media visits in tandem with B-F PR Manager.
• Support Marketing with applicable and various promotions and respond to emails, letters, phone calls and other individual requests.
• Serve as Ambassador to TN Squires at Motlow House and other distillery areas. Be able to bartend events. Have full knowledge of TN Squire Program. Offer merchandise, restock merchandise, and conduct transactions on POS system with credit card machine and cash.
• Other duties as assigned: must be able to support office personnel and assist with set up/tear down for special events.
Must Requirements (including any physical requirements)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Hospitality, Retail, Tourism or related field and 5 years of experience in these disciplines.
• Demonstrated skills and ability to develop and maintain effective relationship with people at all levels including internal and external; management groups; sales, marketing; wholesalers, and retailers.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and experience hosting groups, speaking in public and some exposure dealing with TV/Radio/Print/Social media. This includes the ability to be media trained by Brown-Forman Media group/agency.
• Extensive knowledge of the history of Jack Daniel and the town and area where it produced.
• Must possess or be able to acquire a Distillers Representative Card, State ServSafe Permit and be TIPS trained to serve alcohol at events and maintain certification.
• Have the ability to taste and evaluate whiskey products.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the distillery process operation; maturation procedures and a complete understanding of the entire process of making and aging Jack Daniel Tennessee Whiskey.
• Must be able to direct and manage a 7-day/week operation, which includes day and evening work, plus holidays. Must be able to maintain a flexible work schedule when needed.
• Must have good knowledge of safety and security policies of Jack Daniel Distillery in relation to media requests; specific understanding of areas of sensitive and dangerous components.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. (case of whiskey)
• Must be compliant with TTB rules and any other government or company regulations in areas of responsibility and maintain certification (i.e. Distiller’s representative card, etc.)
• 4 – 6 years’ experience at Jack Daniel Distillery, Brown Forman or another Distillery Homeplace
• Master’s Degree in Business or related field
• Bi-lingual or multi-lingual#SM#TSM
Brown-Forman, founded in 1870, is a diversified producer and marketer of fine quality beverage alcohol brands. Headquartered in Louisville, KY, Brown-Forman currently employs about 4,000 people and has offices or facilities in 30 cities across the globe. Starting in the mid-1950s, the company began a series of acquisitions that would place it among the top 10 largest spirits companies in the world, selling its brands in more than 135 countries across the globe. These include many of the most well-known and best-loved wines and spirits brands, including Jack Daniel’s, Finlandia Vodka, Old Forester, Woodford Reserve, Herradura and el Jimador Tequilas, and Korbel champagnes. For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Production
Country: United States
Req Type: Exempt