Brown-Forman National Manager - Retail Development in Naucalpan de Juárez, Mexico
The National Retail Development Manager will be accountable for meeting our ambitious revenue growth objectives, developing and executing all key growth strategies tactics and action plans required to achieve BFM´s financial targets. Responsible for identifying and evaluating different route to market options to deliver the channel ambition and strategies while developing long term partnerships with Key Accounts and ensuring these partnerships lead to strong sales and Gross Profit performance Have a 360°understanding (Country/Market Context, Channel, Category, Customer, Competitor, Consumption Occasion and Shopper), which is continuously refined and updated to develop timely & meaningful insights which can be commercial leveraged and provide the foundation for channel & customer management. Liaise between customers and cross-functional internal teams to ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer & channel needs. This will be accomplished in a compliant manner with a high degree of integrity strictly following all B-F policies and all applicable Mexican laws.
Drive Business Forward
• Own and hit/exceed annual sales and Gross Profit targets within assigned teams and accounts
• Develop and execute strategic plans to achieve sales targets
• Accountable for sales performance, strategies and tactics in coordination with ShoVi, SFO, Finance & Marketing for the assigned customer portfolio.
• Lead strategic negotiations for the accounts when required.
• Review Executive Business Summaries for top accounts; encompassing accurate business results, market data, financial outcomes and operational issues.
• Collaborates with internal KSH on identifying business opportunities and developing appropriate tactics and strategies.
• Lead market & customer visits to identify potential opportunities and assure plans implementation.
• Track and manage sales volume forecasting to anticipate demand.
• Understand category-specific landscapes and trends, reporting on the forces that shift tactical budgets and strategic direction of accounts
• Secure a fair playfield among customers & work collaboratively with Distributor Development, ShoVi and Finance in order to have consistency and balance in pricing and promotional strategies.
• Build close relationships with customers and KSH to improve effectiveness and efficiency of the partnership. Influence his/her team to develop and manage key business activities to top tier customers, negotiate and maintain a sustainable long term relationship, work to facilitate the generation of mutual benefits, unlocking opportunities and always avoiding Zero Sum Activities.
• Maintain and further develop key relationships at a corporate level.
• Review and challenge Key Account Strategy.
Team Development and Internal Leadership
• Align and develop internal resources to grow overall Key accounts relationships by building strong links to BFM KSH.
• Strategically manage allocated accounts, budget and resources provided, yielding maximum effectiveness and impact.
• Responsible for developing channel business plans involving cross functional collaboration.
• Develop, motivate and guide the team to achieve succesfull outcomes.
• Track assigned KPIs, providing adequate coaching and feedback to develop a sound plan of action for each account.
• Order calls tracking and management (order generation through to deliver)
• Assure the use of defined financial tools to invest DD and TMF resourses and maximize value creation.
• Work closely with Supply Chain to assure sales order fill-rate compliance (order frenquency & fill-rate compliance, management for minimum order call)
• Competitor promotion and activities tracking
• Manage billing, A/P and invoicing issues and use internal resources to solve and communicate issues.
Education: Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, or similar, preferred MBA, International education.
Experience: 5 to 7 years of experience in similar positions. Sales, Commercial, Business roles in FMCG/CPG.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Strong, fluent bi-lingual English-Spanish
Commercial development of leading brands in the market of high rotation.
Effective working in a fast paced and fluid environment that requires strong ownership, bias for actions, ability to prioritize, and deliver high quality results.
Ability to think and act both strategically and tactically from developing strategic plans, working with large amount of data, to applying metrics to test hypotheses, develop insights, and quantify results.
Demonstrate strong learning capabilities on new skills, new methodology etc.
Good financial / business sense, with understanding of impact on business
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: International
City: Naucalpan de Juárez
State: Estado de México
Req ID: JR-00000950