Brown-Forman Market Manager Emerging Brands - Metro NY in New York City, New York
Meaningful Work From Day One:
Trade Development – 40%
● Develops rapport and personally calls on targeted on-premise & off-premise accounts. Must
maintain and actively work the targeted account list.
● “Hand Sells” assigned portfolio of brands to targeted gatekeepers (retailers, bar
owners/managers, and bartenders)
● Conducts wait staff training and coordinates brand education seminars in target accounts to
create advocacy for B-F brands
● Secures B-F priority brand visibility, menus, and features in targeted accounts
● Analyzes data, including depletion reports, and converts insights into actions.
Market Planning & Evaluation – 20%
● Leads development and oversees execution for Emerging Brand platforms in On and Off
● Working with Emerging Brands Regional Manager, State Manager, Operations Manager, and
Field Marketing Managers, develops market plan for target accounts
● Works with distributor channel manager to set goals and tracking for distributor sales teams
● Serves as local “thought leader” for B-F Emerging Brands initiatives in market
● Monitors assigned B-F portfolio brand performance with the expectation of exceeding
market segment trends. Reviews local market performance monthly and make
recommendations on how to improve performance.
● Participates in on-going planning meetings with internal and external stakeholders as
● Manages and maintains budget of T&E and TMF to within 2%
Training & Coaching – 40%
● Serves as a field coach for agency partners with Emerging Brand Responsibility
● Responsible for training the distributor craft, off-premise and on-premise teams on assigned
B-F brands and their competitive set.
● Responsible for formal work-withs in the market with distributor sales teams a minimum of 5
days per month. This is in addition to your independent time in the market where you may
encounter distributor reps on an ad-hoc basis.
● Completes ride-with contact report, works with distributor Division Manager, and copies
RSM and State Manager on continuous improvement.
● Serves as B-F commercial team segment expert and coordinates training activities across the
local B-F team.
What Exactly Are We Looking For:
● Bachelor’s degree plus at least 3 years of industry sales experience or equivalent
combination of education/experience.
● Demonstrated ability to build relationships and maintain effective working relationships
with distributors, accounts, and all internal stakeholders
● Demonstrated knowledge of three-tier distribution system
● Team player: Able to put the needs of the overall Brown-Forman business above the
specific needs of the territory or team. Seeks out opportunities to collaborate with leaders
in other channels and territories. Keeps relevant parties informed of activity and seeks
similar behavior from the area team
● Ability to work some evenings and weekends as required, 20-25%. Overnight travel,
● Proficient with Google Suite (Sheets, Docs, Slides) and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word,
● Must have valid state driver’s license
● Physical ability to lift 60 pounds
The salary range for this role is a base salary of $85,000-$95,000, with an annual bonus plan and a complete total rewards package. Salary will be commensurate with the selected candidate's experience and skill set.
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: USA & Canada
Req ID: JR-00005165