Brown-Forman Senior Accountant France/Belgium in Paris, France
What You Will Do in This Role :
Serving as a business partner with the Corporation and the French & Belgian business units, this individual is responsible for managing, facilitating, and coordinating financial accounting, reporting, and analytical activities with a focus on communicating quantitative and qualitative information in a clear, accurate, and timely manner.
What You Can Expect :
-Manage general accounting, reporting & analyses activities associated with the business unit. The Senior Accountant supports the Accounting Manager in all statutory and US GAAP related tasks. This position furthermore includes overseeing the creditor and debtor accounts and will help to ensure smooth and efficient processes in these areas.
This role includes especially the following activities:
Prepare the Income tax & prepare the tax package for the group
Prepare with the help of the General Accountant all taxes declarations and payments (VAT, CVAE, CFE, C3S, Customs, excise tax, etc…)
Manage treasury and cash process in collaboration with head office Treasury department in the US, and prepare the bank reconciliations
Supervise and control the assets management made by the general accountant
Supervise and control intercompany billing and accounting made by the General Accountant, in cooperation with accounting department in the corporate office in the US
Prepare accounts analysis and reconciliations
Book and control all general entries during the monthly closes
Assist the Accounting Manager in the preparation of the French GAAP accounts, statutory financial statements and legal documents
Check that all general entries comply with financial Corporate policies and procedures with the collaboration of the general accountant
Support the Accounting Manager for tasks such as:
-Identify and coordinate procedures, reports, and timing requirements and other financial activity to ensure accuracy and integrity of the accounting records as well as compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), tax, and legal entity structures. This includes coordinating with external parties and intercompany accounting.
- Assist the Accounting Manager for ensuring appropriate internal controls are in place and in compliance with corporate financial policies. Provide and implement recommendations for improvements to internal controls and policies.
What You Bring to the Table :
College/University (Bachelors or Equivalent); Accounting and Finance
2-5 years’ experience in general accounting
Experience in working with SAP - or similar ERP software
Demonstrated ability to work in a diversified environment with different functions
What Makes You Unique :
• Fluent in English and French
• Strong analytical skills to solve problems with tools and technologies. This includes having a technical aptitude and continuous improvement mindset
• Able to drive continuous improvement
• Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work remotely and independently as part of a team
• Strong intellectual curiosity, problem solving and conceptual skills
• Strong sense of accountability and ownership
• Strong attention to details
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to plan, prioritize, and complete work with speed and accuracy
• Resourceful, creative, and comfortable with varied job responsibilities
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Finance
Req ID: JR-00002722