Brown-Forman State Manager - UT/WY/MT in Salt Lake City, Utah
This position is eligible for a relocation package
Position Title: State Manager, UT/WY/MT
Business Area: USA & Canada Sales
Reports to: State Manager - CA Chains/ID/UT/WY/MT/OR
Partners with: Distributor Leadership, Territory Portfolio Manager, Field Marketing Managers, Territory Finance Manager, Customer Account Managers, National Account Managers, Local Agency and Human Resources.
For assigned market or territory group, support the localization of playbook strategy and initiatives across the portfolio
Planning & Analysis
● Manage and build brand sales/marketing plans and budgets to meet or exceed the net sales targets developed and approved by TM and division director
● Leads strategic business decisions within the states
● With the support of the TPM and Finance team; build and communicate the brand commercial plans to Distributor Leadership - agree on objectives, targets, priorities and budgets
● Lead pricing strategies that are unique to market where RAPS are driver vs standard pricing levers. Must be able to plan based on long term outlook.
● Analyze and plan channel business; chain, independent and on-premise for the state
● Lead evaluation and adjustment to plans based on performance and success in the market
● Monitor and communicate competitive, consumer and pricing activity and make changes or recommendations to TM, TFM and TPM
● Serves as local conduit for implementation and evaluation of all NRA programming and execution
● Leads TPS review meetings with distributors
Distributor & Agency Management
● Serves as the primary contact with distributor leadership
● Collaborates with distributor General Sales Managers & Managing Directors for oversight of business management and execution
● Responsible for the execution of all commercial and chain plans with the distributor team, and holding them accountable to agreed upon targets/goals
● Monitors and measures performance of all distributor activities that affect BF brands
● Reconciliation and consistent management of distributor investment, brand spending and brand activity support
● Applying responsible conduct and behavior to all things that you do that affect our company, products, distributor, customers and agency
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent plus 5-7 years sales experience (Beverage Alcohol Industry preferred)
● Demonstrated ability to build relationships and maintain effective working relationships with distributors and accounts and all internal stakeholders.
● Demonstrated knowledge of on- and off-premise business and three-tier distribution system
● Action-oriented: Responds in a timely and effective manner to business issues and opportunities.
● Highly organized: capable of meeting multiple deadlines and juggling multiple projects.
● Literate with word processing programs (such as Word), spreadsheet programs (such as Excel), and presentation programs (such as PowerPoint).
● Must be able and willing to travel (by air and car) up to 50% of the time.
● Must have valid state driver’s license.
For more than 145 years, Brown-Forman Corporation has enriched the experience of life by responsibly building fine quality beverage alcohol brands, including Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, Jack Daniel’s & Cola, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Fire, Gentleman Jack, Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel, Finlandia, Korbel, el Jimador, Woodford Reserve, Old Forester, Canadian Mist, Herradura, New Mix, Sonoma-Cutrer, Early Times, Chambord, BenRiach and GlenDronach. Brown-Forman’s brands are supported by nearly 4,600 employees and sold in approximately 160 countries worldwide
For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: NAR Sales
City: Salt Lake City
Country: United States
Req Type: Exempt