Brown-Forman Chile Marketing Manager in Santiago, Chile
The overall responsibility of the role is to develop and assure the implementation and
well execution of the brand plans for the Brown- Forman in Chile, with focus in Jack
Daniel´s Family of Brands. Working closely with the SOLA Marketing Manager the role
is responsible for setting the strategic marketing direction for a business of over 140k
The role is responsible for developing and overseeing the implementation of the
Marketing and Portfolio strategies and activities for Chile, building the capability of the
Distributor Marketing Team and providing leadership to them. The role collaborates with
multiple internal stakeholders and involves closely working with the Commercial team
and Distributor partners to ensure best in class execution and evaluation of local
marketing activities. A key responsibility of the role is to develop and oversee the
execution of a “non-stop” calendar of marketing programs and to facilitate the sharing of
good practices with other markets and regions of B-F.
Works closely and collaborates with Chile Market Manager, aligned to the market
Business plan, together with local distributor´s Marketing and Sales teams as well, to
ensure best in class execution, follow up and evaluation of marketing activities.
Emphasis on strategic direction for all Brown-Forman activities in the markets,
coordination of distributor´s activities, marketing management, brand development,
market penetration and innovation process.
- Strategic direction
Development of Long Term Strategic Marketing Plans
• Supports and collaborates in development of overall marketing strategy for the
market and brands, including development of the Brand plans.
• Responsible for implementing B-F planning process for key Brands, in
coordination with the distributor´s marketing team (Annual Brand Plans; Business
Reviews; 3 Year Plans; S&I sessions, etc).
• Leads and assures the implementation and executions of the activities and
• Evaluates and recommends current and future opportunities in the market;
collaborates in providing country specific category insights and trends, and from the
• Identifies critical tasks and resources necessary to achieve desired objectives;
takes action to ensure superior execution.
• Identifies key market drivers affecting market penetration and growth; able to
develop strategic plans and ideas to best take advantage of market opportunities.
Development of Annual Brand Plans
• Responsible of delivering brand plans of Jack Daniel’s Trademark & key B-F
Brands in Chile, in collaboration with Chile Market Manager.
• Defines and establishes metrics and KPIs; Marketing budget monitoring.
• Assures alignment and communication among key B-F and local stakeholders,
such as local agencies, B-F Digital & Legal, Global Brand teams, among others.
Responsible for necessary approvals for local marketing initiatives.
• Ensures all marketing and brand activities are compliant with brand guidelines,
B-F Marketing Codes and local regulations.
- Personnel Management and Development
• Works closely on a day-to-day basis with distributor Brand & Product managers.
• Builds powerful, long lasting relationships with key stakeholders in the markets.
• Trains and provides support for local stakeholders (Distributor´s team; agencies,
• Ability to interact with all distributor personnel, from owner to field sales people.
- Marketing and Brand Development
• Works closely with SOLA Marketing Manager and Chile Mkt Manager to
implement global strategies.
• Aligns all Marketing activities to the Business plan and objectives, and execute
A&P, collaborating directly with Chile Market Manager (Channel and Geographic
• Responsible for tracking and control A&P.
• Ensures distributor´s execution of marketing activities are done consistently with
marketing plans, brand strategies and B-F Compliance.
• Constant and fluent relation with local agencies (Media, Creative, Digital, BTL,
PR). Agency monitoring, in order to meet required timelines and brief specifications.
• Leads brief´s development and communication process to agencies, in
collaboration with SOLA Marketing Manager & Chile Market Manager.
• Promotes and leads measurement processes of main marketing activities.
Establishes metrics (KPIs) and reports.
• Assures B-F Legal policies of Responsibility education and implementation.
• Ensures alignment and communication among all the stakeholders for the brand
plans and strategic plans. Facilitates coordination between regional team and in-market
• Effectively collaborates with the Sales, Digital Marketing, Legal and
Finance/Supply Chain functions in the organization.
• Establishes process and culture of good practice sharing, facilitating
communication and dissemination of them.
• Provides ongoing feedback and reports on marketing activities.
- Allocating Resources Superbly
• Assists SOLA Marketing Manager and Chile Mkt Manager in tracking and
reporting of A&P spend.
• Ensures resources (investment, people, time spent) are focused on key
region/channel and priorities.
Required Experience & Education:
Education: College/University (Bachelors or Equivalent); Business and/or Marketing.
Experience: • 6 or more years of marketing and commercial experience.
• Commercial success in the FMCG industry.
• Portfolio brand management.
Preferred Experience & Education:
Education: Masters Degree (M.A., MBA or Equivalent); Business and/or Marketing.
Experience: • Experience with Distributors and international companies.
• Alcohol beverage industry experience.
• Fluency in English, Spanish.
• Business acumen.
• Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written).
• Finance skills to create and analyze P&L and budgets.
• High computer literacy.
• Willing to travel across Chile and potentially internationally – approximately 20%
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: International
Req ID: JR-00001026