Brown-Forman General Manager - Korea in Seoul, South Korea
Quote from Hiring Manager
This role is to lead the Brown-Forman Korea organization, with overall responsibility for P&L results and growth strategies. The General Manager leads a local Leadership Team composed of four team members representing core functions of the organization: Marketing, Sales as direct reports and Finance [includes accounting, supply chain, and customer service] and HR as matrix reports. The General Manager is also a team member of the Asia Leadership team.
Meaningful Work From Day One
● The scope of work focuses predominantly on the following areas:
○ Increases overall management's effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, and counseling managers; with a strong focus on communicating company values, strategies, and objectives. Leads the team by assigning accountabilities; leads planning, monitoring, and appraising job results while developing a climate for offering information and opinions; providing educational opportunities.
○ Leads the team to develop a strategic plan tackling local market opportunities; presenting assumptions; recommending objectives.
○ Delivers yearly objectives by establishing plans, budgets, and measurements; allocating resources; reviewing progress; making mid-course corrections as necessary.
○ Leads Brown-Forman image build in the local market by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations, and employees; enforcing ethical business practices.
What You Can Expect
● Organization Leadership
○ As the leader of the local organization, the GM is expected to form its own Leadership Team, and set up the foundations for Leadership Team Journey that will lead the organization in the coming years, and will be the support to set the appropriate structure and capabilities levels that will deliver business results.
○ The GM is expected to lead by example, conveying the company’s values and ways of working, establishing an enabling culture based on strong collaboration and common objectives.
○ Ensures compliance with B-F Code of Conduct, responsible marketing guidelines, and other such codes that may be issued.
○ Builds succession plan in the organization as well as develop a successor for the General Manager role in a 3-5 year time frame.
● Strategic Planning:
○ Leads the development and maintain long-term strategic plans for brands, portfolio, channels, and the organization. Builds 3 years mid-term plans with investment proposals to seek growth opportunities.
○ Annual planning: leads the development and implement annual budgets in accordance with mid-term and long-term plans.
● Business operations and results
○ Leads the team to develop and implement organizational, processes and systems to ensure operational excellence in all aspects of the business, building on existing best practices from other Own Distribution markets cluster.
○ Ensures that B-F makes appropriate use of the strength, influence, and synergies of the combined brand portfolio (including agency brands) in dealing with both the on and off-trade, as well as appropriate service providers.
○ Provides appropriate reporting on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis regarding planning, performance, evaluation of activity, and other relevant environmental issues such as competitor activity, customer conflicts, market conditions, legislation changes, others.
○ Supports the commercial and marketing teams by establishing appropriate relationships with key customers, industry, and respective government authorities.
○ Ensures that all local administrative requirements are undertaken in an efficient and effective manner, complying with local legal requirements and B-F corporate guidelines.
What You Bring to the Table
● 10 - 15 years’ experience in FMCG industry, preferably spirits/image products
● Management experience in either general management, sales, or marketing
● Understanding of On- and Off-premise retail dynamics and structure
● Experience in working in an international environment
● Experience in a matrix organizational structure
● Distributor/licensee/agency or sales management experience
● Strong Business Acumen, P&L responsibility
● Excellent leadership skills and people management experience
● Strong oral and written communications skills
● Fluency in written & verbal business English is required
Who We Are
Imagine working for a company that welcomes you in, inspires you to bring your best self to every opportunity, and encourages you to grow and develop your career in a resilient and fun industry.
Brown-Forman offers our employees this kind of career and environment and has for more than 150 years.
Together, we proudly live and work by our values, striving each day to be better and do better as people, as a company, and as members of the communities we call home. Come have a seat at our table!
Many Spirits, One Brown‐Forman- We believe that an inclusive culture, one that values the diversity and unique perspective of each individual, allows us each to bring our best self to work and leads to greater teamwork, creativity, and trust.
Cultivating a Caring Culture- We know that our strong culture is one of the many reasons people love working at Brown‐Forman.
Enriching Life. Enriching Careers- At Brown‐Forman, we craft products known for bringing people together. Our employees have made us what we are today and are the reason for our success. Do not just take our word for it. Brown‐Forman is consistently recognized as a Great Place to Work® in
countries around the world.
What We Offer
Total Rewards at Brown-Forman is designed to engage our people to ensure sustainable and profitable growth for generations to come. As a premium spirits company, we offer equitable pay structures for individual and company performance alongside a premium employee experience. We offer a range of premium benefits that reflect our company values and meet the needs of our diverse workforce.
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Emerging International Division
Function: General Management
Req ID: JR-00007289