Brown-Forman Wholesale Manager in Seoul, South Korea
The main purpose of the role is to deliver the Key Performance Indicators for the Brown Forman portfolio within BF wholesale business in Greater Seoul area via : • Effective management of wholesalers to ensure common focus and targets on volume,penetration, rate of sale and profitability. • Achievement of sales targets in the respected area through the effective implementation of channel strategies and the leadership of the on-premise channel to generate demand from wholesale channels. • Implementation of a brand building and brand education activities via wholesale coverage and sales force.
Meaningful Work From Day 1
1. Wholesale channel development and management
● Implements BF On-Trade strategy and channel plan in order to drive sustainable, profitable growth for both B-F and the wholesalers, while achieving high levels of customer engagement.
● Lead JBP (Joint business planning) with top wholesalers to build strategic relationship in top to top level
● Interacts and communicates effectively with key decision makers in wholesalers to be perceived as a strategically important partner.
● Cooperates with wholesaler’s functional representatives for monthly delivery including account promotion execution and inventory management.
● Manage the new business opportunities, such as channel, coverage and portfolio under wholesaler’s influence within the allocated resources.
● Lead sustainable growth by driving regular volume and maximizing portfolio mix
● Ensure any agreements negotiated and reached do not put the organization at risk legally and/or financially.
● Lead trade term innovation and negotiation in a value accretive way
2. Wholesale operation management
● Manages order, shipment and billing of wholesalers to enable perfect service to the key accounts.
● Checks regular inventory status and sell-thru data to make the optimal shipment and cash plans.
● Ensures collection on time with accuracy and within the healthy credit limit
● Implements and evaluates all promotional programs in the responsible wholesale business to the required level of impact and effectiveness within the set timing and budgets.
● Provide the monthly, quarterly and annual forecast of the responsible wholesalers with customer business penetration and coverage understanding
● Work closely with the On trade account team to synchronize wholesale shipment with demand from the key account team behind high level of collaboration
● Manage, coach and develop wholesale sales representative to be ready for successful negotiation and sales call
● Manage wholesale discount budget with ownership and responsibility under the ROI guideline and spending guideline.
● Review plans and budgets on a regular basis to manage the budget without over/under spending
3. Monitoring and Reporting
● Makes regular visits to the key wholesale customers according to the call plan in order to identify areas of improvement and collect information about competitors’ activities.
● Monitor the market/competitor trends/activities, wholesale trends, and communicate the insights in an appropriate manner to BFKorea.
● Develop and manage the wholesale data hub to provide insight on BF and wholesale performance.
What you will bring to the table
● Education: College/University (Bachelors or Equivalent)
● Experience: Minimum +10 years of business experience with at least 5 years of sales experience in drinks industry with expertise in on trade wholesale customers
● Skill: Persuasive communication, strong network within the channel.
● Experience: Customer direct cooperation and management with the liquor, drink, CPG industry and global company background.
● Communication: Intermediate English speaking and writing will be an advantage.
● Commercial acumen, ability to translate business strategy into daily operational tactics
● Strong networking skills, ability to build sustainable and trustful relationships and grow the client
● Ability to take initiative to act independently and solve problems by analyzing and finding effective solutions
● Sets high standards of delivery
● Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Emerging International Division
Req ID: JR-00006114