Brown-Forman Quality Control/Warehouse & Logistics Manager in Slane, Ireland
Responsible for Quality Control of Distilling, Warehousing, and Blending activities to produce high quality, on-time and cost efficient whiskey. Manages the barrel inventory and manages all logistics for raw materials and liquid movement of Slane Irish Whiskey and related products.
Responsible for Quality Control of Slane Distilling, Warehousing, and Blending operations. Responsible for planning and managing warehousing and blending operations to produce optimal results. Plans and manages logistic requirements for raw material and spirit shipments. Implement processes and procedures to ensure departmental/functional goals and objectives are met. Coordinate and communicate with the Distillery, Third Party Producers, bottling Co-packers, and Logistic providers to ensure efficient and effective operations. Provide a safe and stable work environment to maximize employee engagement.
• Serves on the operational commissioning and start up team of the distillery and spirits store focused on specific areas of responsibilities while also providing assistance as needed
• Manage quality control, quality systems, and critical to quality SOP’s for raw materials, distillation, liquid handling, and the spirits store (receiving and blending area). Develops and establishes new or revised analytical methods and quality SOP’s to accommodate new products or production processes.
• Manage warehousing operations to ensure efficient workflow, use of personnel, skills, equipment, and facilities in coordination with other departments. Analyze and make recommendations to management for increased efficiencies through different productivity methods and cost containment. Plan and lead warehouse activities for improvement and efficiency increases.
• Manage warehouse inventory and monitor maturation. Plan and schedule whisky dumps to meet quality standards. Coordinate and manager logistic services for warehouse and blending operations.
• Manages blending operations to assure compliance and product quality. Seeks improvement, standardization, and cost reduction opportunities throughout the process.
• Directly responsible for utilizing and entering operation data in SAP for warehouse, blending, and logistical operations.
• Ensures compliance with pertinent Irish Revenue regulations and company policies.
• Lead and support teams in regard to training, scheduling, production, projects, vacation relief, absence relief, and safety incentives.
• Prepare, monitor, and be responsible for the warehouse operational budget within appropriate guidelines.
Required Experience & Education:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, or related field with at least 5 years in-depth production process or quality control experience.
• Applied knowledge of quality procedures and systems.
• Demonstrated ability to manage and complete multiple responsibilities and willingness to work flexible schedule and task.
• Team member who is flexible in assignments and able to support the operational team.
• Warehouse management or logistics experience.
• Distilling Experience.
For more than 145 years, Brown-Forman Corporation has enriched the experience of life by responsibly building fine quality beverage alcohol brands, including Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, Jack Daniel’s & Cola, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Fire, Gentleman Jack, Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel, Finlandia, Korbel, el Jimador, Woodford Reserve, Old Forester, Canadian Mist, Herradura, New Mix, Sonoma-Cutrer, Early Times, Chambord, BenRiach and GlenDronach. Brown-Forman’s brands are supported by nearly 4,600 employees and sold in approximately 160 countries worldwide
For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Production
Req Type: Exempt