Brown-Forman Finance Director ANZPI in Sydney, Australia
“This role offers a truly unique opportunity to lead the finance, supply chain and accounting operations in one of Brown-Forman's Top Five markets globally. As we now experience significant growth in the market, this is a great opportunity for a driven individual to join a highly collaborative and energetic team, partner and execute the strategic vision for the market, and lead the path for the next generation of growth.” -- VP Finance & Strategy Director - Emerging International, Hiring Manager
Meaningful Work From Day One
Leads, directs, develops and administers the financial activities of Australia, New Zealand, and the Pacific Islands (ANZPI) including the local/country finance teams. As a key member of the Finance Team for the Region, provides analytical support, advice, counsel and leadership on key business issues to the Managing Director and the leadership teams of the individual markets. This includes strategy, revenue management, business planning, forecasting, financial controls, business processes, information systems, supply chain and distribution structures. Takes ownership for the financial strategies, reporting and analysis for the region. Partners with the corporate function to oversee the whole range of accounting, tax, treasury, supply chain and financial issues related to various distribution models within the Region.
You Can Look Forward To:
The VP Managing Director - ANZPI, Matrix Manager, says that,“at Brown Forman, you will be surrounded by a team of high performing talented people who are obsessed with three things:
Delivering on our ambition of “Nothing Better in The Market”
Our values and our diverse, inclusive, and caring culture
Making sure our products are present during life’s important moments because there is “Nothing Better in the Market” than our brands, created with the finest craftsmanship, quality, and care”
- Serves as the key advisor to the Managing Director and the leadership teams of the individual markets by analyzing and interpreting business results & trends, and recommending strategic initiatives to drive growth in revenue, reduce costs, and grow profit.
Financial Analysis & Operation Effectiveness
- Establishes procedures and systems necessary for concise, accurate, periodic financial reports on a timely basis on ANZPI results and financial position.
Budget and Forecast
- Issues accurate financial forecasts on the current state of the business measured against the on-going business updates with Brown-Forman (B-F) executive leadership on a timely basis along with the appropriate qualitative/quantitative analysis and recommendations.
- Ensures all appropriate financial controls and legal/regulatory requirements are properly followed and certify the region’s results quarterly for Sarbanes-Oxley purposes.
- Assesses the Brown-Forman (B-F) value chain in order to identify opportunities that optimize B-Fs value creation.
Team Management & Development
- Provides leadership and direction to regional and country Finance teams.
- Ensure the accuracy of the forecast to ensure appropriate safety stock while minimizing warehouse and logistics costs.
Communication and Influencing
- Delivers complex financial information/insights in a clear and concise manner which is understandable to non-finance individuals
You will thrive at Brown-Forman because you will:
“By joining one of the largest American-owned spirits companies and one of Brown-Forman's top 5 markets, the ANZPI business which is experiencing significant growth. Your experience and leadership will be valuable to help deliver the next chapter of growth
Be working in an inspiring and dynamic office environment in Surry Hills, surrounded by some of Sydney’s renowned hotels, bars, and restaurants, whom we partner with
See the meaningful impact of our work, to build our iconic brands whilst being responsible in everything we do to promote alcohol responsibility, advance environmental sustainability and give back to our community through our charitable works”
-- VP Managing Director - ANZPI, Matrix Manager
We Are Looking For People Who
MBA with a concentration in finance and 10 years relevant experience; or a Bachelor's’ degree and 15 years relevant experience
Strong consultative and diagnostic skills, as well as excellent quantitative/mathematical skills
Excellent manager and talent developer in a diverse culture
What Sets You Apart:
Prior Experience in the alcoholic beverage industry or a branded consumer products company/business
Reputable financial/accounting designations such as Certified Financial Analyst (CFA) or Certified Practicing Accountant (CPA)
Prior experience establishing internal control structures and processes
Prior experience in growing businesses in emerging markets
Education/experience in international business
Note: A more detailed job description is available if selected to move further in the process.
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Finance
State: New South Wales
Req ID: JR-00001737