Brown-Forman Category Development Manager - Total Wine & More/Drug in TBD, Kentucky
Position Title: Category Development Manager
Business Area: USA & Canada National Accounts
Location: Louisville, KY or Baltimore, MD
Reports to: Director National Accounts, Off Premise
This position will lead Category Development responsibilities for Total Wine & More and select Drug accounts (CVS and Rite Aid) through the analysis of scan data, syndicated data, consumer insights, and industry trends to help drive sales growth by helping B-F and customer identify opportunities to growth their collective business within the spirits and sparkling wine categories. This position will partner with the NAM and distributors partners to drive Category Development strategies at Total Wine & More/ and select Drug accounts (CVS and Rite Aid) through the formulation of ideas to address the strategic needs and requirements of key stakeholders.
▪ Establish expertise in Total Wine & More and selected Drug accounts (CVS & Rite Aid) business model and set overall Category Management strategy for the customer
▪ Partner with customers and B-F Distributors to lead the Category Management initiative that supports profitable sales growth with the customer, to include:
o Create strategies that assist in efficient assortment analysis, Space to Sales, and Cluster development
o Identify portfolio growth opportunities that are mutually beneficial to Brown-Forman and retailer by uncovering opportunities to assist retailer in driving sales initiatives and growth potential through assessment of internal data, syndicated data, market visits, and investigation of consumer trends
▪ Act as category expert by objectively driving Category Development principles and solutions through the use of internal data, Nielsen, Spectra data, quantitative custom research studies and internal depletion for customers.
▪ Support customers and Brown-Forman by providing reports and insights for account initiatives and review meetings, to include:
o Develop and interpret monthly scorecard using internal data and develop into strategies to grow Spirit & Wine business by B-F division as well as customer stores
o Prepare and analyze opportunity gaps, evaluate category promotional activity to optimize lifts, and identify the potential to maximize distribution and assortment
o Analyze impacts of programs in key selling channels and evaluate them for effectiveness to build on successful programs
o Deliver ongoing market analysis and assessment of competitors and market intelligence with a focus on the future and value creation
▪ Prepare and deliver Category Overviews through the implementation of Category Development principles, with core focus on delivering trend observations, drivers, and strategic recommendations against the 4 P’s
▪ Strengthen and develop account relations through the objective presentation and participation in key customer meetings, delivering value-added insights and recommendations to grow category and brand sales
▪ Education/Experience: Bachelors Degree plus 3 – 5 year Category Development Experience, or equivalent education/experience.
o MBA and experience working within the CPG industry, Beverage Alcohol industry is a plus
o Category Captain experience a plus
o Distributor knowledge a plus
▪ Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on projects with cross-functional teams
▪ Ability to work cohesively and strategically within a team of peers from varying suppliers and distributors to drive sales growth
▪ Expertise with analytical software including (internal account data), Nielsen or IRI; Spectra and Prospace/Apollo desired
▪ Strong oral and written communication skills
▪ Sales presentation building and delivery experience
▪ Strong Excel, PowerPoint, and Word skills, Access skills a plus
▪ Store Clustering and Segmentation analysis desired
▪ Ability to think strategically and work in a team environment
▪ Ability to travel 25% - 30% of the time
For more than 145 years, Brown-Forman Corporation has enriched the experience of life by responsibly building fine quality beverage alcohol brands, including Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, Jack Daniel’s & Cola, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Fire, Gentleman Jack, Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel, Finlandia, Korbel, el Jimador, Woodford Reserve, Old Forester, Canadian Mist, Herradura, New Mix, Sonoma-Cutrer, Early Times, Chambord, BenRiach and GlenDronach. Brown-Forman’s brands are supported by nearly 4,600 employees and sold in approximately 160 countries worldwide
For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: NAR Sales
Country: United States
Req Type: Exempt