Brown-Forman Commercial Finance Analyst in Tokyo, Japan
A key function of the role will be to provide analytical support and reporting on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis. This position will also assist in annual planning and quarterly forecasting and provide commercial finance support in driving revenue growth for Japan.
- Commercial Finance / Revenue Growth Management
• Detailed analysis on discounting and margins. Working closely with the Sales
Operations Manager in delivering actionable insights on effectiveness / efficiency of spend and overall budget management.
• Support the Senior Finance Manager and Sales Operations Manager in
managing pricing including building, gaming, interpreting and standardizing price structures and value chain analysis.
• Analysis of external pricing and volume data (Intage) to develop actionable
insights on pricing and promotional decisions, including price elasticity analysis.
• Analysis and evaluation of SKU level profitability.
- Financial Analysis & Reporting
• Monthly variance analysis of the PL and business results, identifying key drivers with clear concise communication, identifying potential risks and opportunities.
• Supports regular and ad-hoc analysis to better understand the business and
make informed decisions. Communicate analytical results with cross functional
• Weekly and monthly depletion reporting. Coordinate with distributor and IT in
automating and enhancing depletion reporting.
• Provide support in managing the AP budget by reviewing spend with sales and
marketing managers, providing monthly AP tracking, analysis and reporting.
• Review SGA on a monthly basis; identify and communicate reasons for
variances and follow-up action steps.
• Collaborate with the Senior Accountant in the monthly and quarterly accrual
- Financial Planning and Forecasting
• Assists in annual planning and as well as monthly integrated business planning process providing analysis and collaborative support to the Senior Finance Manager and sales and marketing teams.
Required Experience & Education:
Education: College/University (Bachelors or Equivalent);
• 4 to 6 years experience in similar positions.
• Experience in alcohol beverage or branded consumer products, multinational
• Bachelors’ degree in finance, accounting or business administration required.
• Strong oral and written communication skills. Fluency in Japanese and English required.
• Strong ability to analyze and interpret data and generate and clearly
• Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills.
• Proactive self-starter with intellectual curiosity.
• Demonstrated high level of proficiency in computer applications (Microsoft excel, PowerPoint, G-Suite) as well experience in SAP and BI reporting.
Managing through ambiguity
Influencing Others Innovation mindset
Use of resources
Driving for Results
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Finance
Req ID: JR-00004886