Brown-Forman Brand Manager, BF Brands, Canada in Toronto, Canada
Position Title: Brand Manager, BF Brands (Canada)
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Reporting to: National Marketing Director, Canada
This role is responsible for leading our Brown Forman Brands offerings which currently include North American whiskies (Woodford Reserve, Old Forester, Collingwood), Tequilas (El Jimador, Herradura) and other brands (Sonoma Cutrer. Chambord, Finlandia). Working with the National Marketing Director, Canada and NAR BF Brands Marketing Team, this person will be responsible for achieving short and long-term brand and business goals.
Building Strong Consumer Franchises
● Assist in development of long term strategic marketing plans for BF Brands
● Develop robust marketing plans based on strong business diagnostics and actionable insights
● Develop and activate innovative brand building platforms and programs and leading consumer activation efforts. The majority of these platforms are truly 360 so experience in all aspects of the marketing mix is required.
● Lead, prioritize, manage and support BF Brands Innovation/NPD opportunities in Canada as needed.
Winning at the Point of Sale
● Partner with Broker and/or Agency Leadership to manage a team of Brand Ambassadors
● Work closely with sales teams, Brand Ambassadors, Activation managers and other stakeholders to ensure best in class implementation in the on and off-trade.
● Evaluate performance of brand building activities.
● Collaborates with multiple internal and external contacts including agencies, consumers, distributors, field teams and retailers.
Allocate Resources Superbly
● Define and manage budgets, metrics and KPIs.
● Analyze financial and business performance to ensure brand objectives are met.
● Accountable for the plan and profit delivery of these brands in Canada.
Being Responsible in Everything We Do
● Education and Implementation of BF policies of responsibility, particularly around Marketing practices.
● Make decisions and take actions that drive social and responsible marketing
Education/Experience: University/college degree in business, marketing or related area (preferred); and 3-5+ years marketing and/or sales experience in a consumer goods environment
● Demonstrated experience in developing, executing and managing brand plans.
● Strong verbal and written communicator who can create clear images through words
● Strong interpersonal skills and ability to operate effectively in a collaborative matrix
● Experience working with and managing outside agencies (POS, advertising...)
● Demonstrated ability to develop and execute innovative “big ideas” that grow brands
● Strong analytic skills and the ability to turn “insights to actions”
● Strong results orientation, with a track record of superior financial performance.
● Experience successfully building and leading a high performing team
● Ability and willingness to travel 35-40% of the time, including some weekends
● Spirits/ Bev Alc industry experience
For more than 145 years, Brown-Forman Corporation has enriched the experience of life by responsibly building fine quality beverage alcohol brands, including Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, Jack Daniel’s & Cola, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Fire, Gentleman Jack, Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel, Finlandia, Korbel, el Jimador, Woodford Reserve, Old Forester, Canadian Mist, Herradura, New Mix, Sonoma-Cutrer, Early Times, Chambord, BenRiach and GlenDronach. Brown-Forman’s brands are supported by nearly 4,600 employees and sold in approximately 160 countries worldwide
For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: NAR Marketing
Req Type: Exempt