Brown-Forman Field Marketing Activation Manager, Canada in Toronto, Canada
Position Title: Field Marketing Activation Manager – Canada
Reporting to: National Marketing Director, Canada
Primary contact point between BF Marketing and Broker Trade Development team. Leads the development, localization, implementation and evaluation of local brand consumer activation programs and plans to maximize growth, profitability and brand equity, consistent with national brand strategy.
Key objective is to accelerate value share growth where significant geographic, consumer, and or portfolio opportunities exist.
Building Strong Consumer Franchises
● Work with Brand teams to develop activation overviews incorporating common language, expectations and measures of success.
● Partners with Canada Marketing and Sales teams to localize initiatives and expectations and drives feedback loop.
● Assist in development of strategic marketing plans
● Builds annual and tertile field marketing plans for key markets, communicates gaps back to the Marketing Leadership team.
● Develop and activate innovative brand building platforms and programs and leading consumer activation efforts. The majority of these platforms are truly 360 so experience in all aspects of the marketing mix is required.
● Key contact for BF Marketing and Sales Managers in the planning, execution and evaluation of brand initiatives in respective markets
● Partners with the Broker to manage the development of the Field Activation Marketers including setting goals and priorities, managing performance and team building
Winning at the Point of Sale
● Partners with Broker to manage and guide Field Activation Marketers to insure high-performance activation of direct-to-consumer initiatives and fosters market level creative development and localization of programs.
● Partners with Broker in the development, activation and assessment of local consumer facing growth initiatives.
● Work closely with sales teams and other stakeholders to ensure best in class implementation in the on and off-trade.
● Ensures appropriate staffing/ talent in roles
● Leads Field Activation Marketers in the development and execution of plans, and ensures initiatives are on strategy, focused on growth, consumer facing, appropriately resourced and well executed
● Works with Field Activation Marketers to provide more comprehensive evaluations of initiatives, provide those insights to the brand teams, and adjust/course correct appropriately
● Collaborates with multiple internal and external contacts including agencies, consumers, distributors, field teams and retailers.
Allocate Resources Superbly
● Define and manage budgets, metrics and KPIs.
● Analyze program performance to ensure brand objectives are met.
● Develop a feedback process for gathering field based insights that will assist the brands in enhancing our promotional effectiveness.
Being Responsible in Everything We Do
● Education and Implementation of BF policies of responsibility, particularly around Marketing practices.
● Make decisions and take actions that drive social and responsible marketing
Education/Experience: University/college degree in business, marketing or related area (preferred); and 3-5 years marketing and/or sales experience in a consumer goods environment; or equivalent experience.
● Excellent interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills.
● PC proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
● Demonstrated ability to create, control, and maintain financial and/or business analyses, including budgets.
● Excellent strategic and tactical skills; demonstrated ability to implement and adapt national programs to the field.
● Willingness to travel approximately 35-50%, and ability to work nights and weekends as required.
● Strong interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all members of extended brand teams.
● Sound financial skills: Experience in building and managing a budget.
For more than 145 years, Brown-Forman Corporation has enriched the experience of life by responsibly building fine quality beverage alcohol brands, including Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, Jack Daniel’s & Cola, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Fire, Gentleman Jack, Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel, Finlandia, Korbel, el Jimador, Woodford Reserve, Old Forester, Canadian Mist, Herradura, New Mix, Sonoma-Cutrer, Early Times, Chambord, BenRiach and GlenDronach. Brown-Forman’s brands are supported by nearly 4,600 employees and sold in approximately 160 countries worldwide
For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: NAR Marketing
Req Type: Exempt