Brown-Forman National Marketing Director, Canada in Toronto, Canada
Position Title: National Marketing Director, Canada
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Reporting to: General Director, Canada; JD Brand Dir - NAR; VP NAR Marketing Director
The National Marketing Director, Canada position is responsible for the development and implementation of marketing strategy and provides marketing leadership for Canada. Working closely with the NAR marketing team, this individual is responsible for the long-term marketing strategy for Canada (including brand and portfolio development, category analysis and consumer insights). Serves as the Canadian business unit lead for all aspects of brand, trade and field marketing. Leads the Canada marketing team (JD Sr. Brand Manager, BF Brands Manager, Field Marketing Activation Manager and Marketing Administrator).
The primary objective of this position is to accelerate brand volume and value share growth where significant geographic, consumer and portfolio opportunities exist. This position leads the development, localization, implementation and evaluation of local brand consumer activation programs and plans to maximize growth, profitability and brand equity, consistent with the national brand strategy.
Building Strong Consumer Franchises
● Key member of Canada Senior Leadership team.
● Develop Canada-specific robust marketing strategies and programs for both short and long-term profitability based on compelling insights and strong business analysis.
● Lead the development, localization, implementation, execution and evaluation of Canadian brand and business plans to maximize growth, profitability and brand equity consistent with global brand strategy. This includes collaboration with Canadian Commercial and Operation teams as well as NAR Brand Directors and broker marketing teams.
● Evaluate and recommends current and future opportunities in Canada
● Serve as the primary collection point for generating consumer and competitive intelligence for Canada and communicate back to the brand. Represent Canada at NAR brand strategy & ideation meetings.
● Collaborates on national reviews and general business presentations.
Winning at the Point of Sale
● Work closely with Marketing team, Broker Field teams, Brand Ambassadors and Activation Managers to ensure best in class implementation in the On and Off Trade.
● Provide brand planning and leadership for the field by ensuring that the appropriate brand strategies, structures, systems, competencies and values are developed to meet the goals of the marketing plan and the sales goals of the organization and regions.
● Lead the agency marketing team in the development and implementation of all Canadian POS and creative. Ensure timely delivery and execution of all promotional material. Lead implementation of consumer advertising in Canada.
● Champion to the field for the brands and champion to the brands for the field. Primary marketing contact for broker sales and B-F marketing teams. Works to encompass strategic brand leadership, resource allocation and brand equity. Acts as a brand champion.
● Drives “Focused” execution for the sales team. Leads the development and evaluation of local brand/channel plans and merchandising/promotional standards.
● Collaborates with multiple internal contacts to develop and execute effective brand building plans for the Country.
● Develop and lead brand presentations to key industry stakeholders (key accounts and liquor board category managers).
● Communicate with the Canada General Director and B-F management team on an ongoing basis to ensure that regional marketing strategies are understood and supportive of provincial brand and portfolio strategies.
Developing and Engaging Exceptional People
● Lead a team of 3 Brown-Forman Brand Managers. Support them in partnering with Broker and/or Agency Leadership to manage a team of Brand Ambassadors and Field Marketing Managers
● Partner with Broker Leadership to manage key marketing and trade marketing broker personnel, including Digital Specialists, a PR Manager and various Trade Development personnel.
Allocate Resources Superbly
● Define and manage Canada marketing budgets, metrics and KPIs.
● Analyze financial and business performance to ensure brand objectives are met.
● Jointly accountable for the plan and profit delivery of BF brands in Canada.
Being Responsible in Everything We Do
● Education and Implementation of BF policies of responsibility, particularly around Marketing practices.
● Make decisions and take actions that drive social and responsible marketing
Education/Experience: University/college degree in business, marketing or related area (preferred); or 10+ years marketing and/or sales experience in a consumer goods environment
● 5-7 years in field marketing management, with some experience in field sales preferred (preferably alcohol beverage or CPG industry).
● Demonstrated experience in developing, executing and managing brand plans
● Strong understanding of the changing face of Canada and experience with multicultural marketing
● Experience working with and managing outside agencies (POS development, PR, Events, Advertising)
● Excellent presentation, communication, interpersonal & organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all members of extended brand teams.
● Self-motivated and ability to motivate others.
● Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
● Demonstrated ability to create, control, and maintain financial and/or business analyses, including budgets. Sound financial skills including experience in building and managing a budget.
● Excellent strategic and tactical skills; demonstrated ability to implement and adapt national programs to the field.
● Computer literate with word processing programs such as Google Docs, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
● Willingness to travel 35-50%, and ability to work nights and weekends as required.
● Spirits/ Bev Alc industry experience #AC 1 #TAC #GlobalJDFOB
For more than 145 years, Brown-Forman Corporation has enriched the experience of life by responsibly building fine quality beverage alcohol brands, including Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, Jack Daniel’s & Cola, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Fire, Gentleman Jack, Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel, Finlandia, Korbel, el Jimador, Woodford Reserve, Old Forester, Canadian Mist, Herradura, New Mix, Sonoma-Cutrer, Early Times, Chambord, BenRiach and GlenDronach. Brown-Forman’s brands are supported by nearly 4,600 employees and sold in approximately 160 countries worldwide
For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: NAR Marketing
Req Type: Exempt