Brown-Forman Sales Manager, Central Canada in Toronto, Canada
Position Title: Sales Manager, Central Canada
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Reporting to: General Director, Canada
The Sales Manager serves as the B-F team lead in identifying and developing key sales team initiatives and processes throughout Central Canada (Ontario and Manitoba provinces) and Duty Free, working closely with the local sales broker, PMA, to implement. The primary contact to the provincial liquor board/authority, this manager exhibits strong leadership, sales expertise, time management, administrative and relationship building skills. This position plays a pivotal role in managing and directing the provincial brand strategy and the activities of the local PMA Sales Team towards achieving the objectives for the provinces.
● Demonstrates ability to build relationships and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
● Holds the provincial PMA Sales Teams accountable for results and performance
● Adopts Brown-Forman values (Integrity, Respect, Trust, Teamwork, Excellence) and behaviors (Be Curious, Be Courageous, Be Collaborative, Be Creative, Be a Champion) to lead the organization
● Collaborates with peers, colleagues and management to share best practices within the team environment and to ensure programming consistency is being achieved
● Communicates with the BF Canada management team on an ongoing basis to ensure that regional strategies are understood and supportive of provincial brand and portfolio strategies
● Leads corporate and industry responsibility initiatives and practices with the sales team
● Acts as Brown-Forman’s key contact to the provincial liquor board and establishes collaborative relationships with functional buyers and executives
● Manages and oversees all brand listing and merchandising planning responsibilities within the liquor board, working closely with PMA Sales team
● Designs the strategic brand plan for the province and is accountable for achieving objectives and results
● Leads liquor board (strategy, presentation and communication)
● Builds and delivers retail strategy for implementation by PMA, in line with brand principles
● Champions BF sales efforts by developing strategy against the on trade business, and coordinating PMA resources to execute with excellence
● Delivers or exceeds the assigned field sales volumes and profit targets while enhancing brand equity for B-F brands
Planning and Analysis
● Manages the development and implementation of regional goals (including IPO’s) and remedial plans in the provincial market for all B-F products through aggressive marketing, sales planning, distribution, and execution strategies
● Provincial volume forecasting, brand investment analysis, promotional planning and analysis, competitive insights and pricing analysis. Administers the collection and analysis of internal and external market information to provide actionable insights to the sales teams and management
● Financial & operational reporting duties to Canada General Director, Finance Manager & executive management
● Champion the B-F sales effort by meeting objectives, building lasting trade relationship and working as required achieving success
● University/College degree in business, marketing or related area (preferred) and 5-7 years of experience in sales & sales management, preferably alcohol beverage industry; or 9+ years of experience within alcohol beverage industry.
● Demonstrated ability to build relationships and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
● Team leader: Able to build and sustain effective, results-producing teams, within the province, across business functions, and with business partners.
● Action-oriented: Responds in a timely and effective manner to business issues and opportunities.
● Highly organized: Capable of meeting multiple deadlines and juggling multiple projects.
● Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
● Excellent presentation/communication interpersonal skills
● Self-motivated and ability to motivate others
● Computer literate with word processing programs such as Google Docs, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
● Must be able and willing to travel (by air and car) up to 50% of the time
● Must have valid driver’s license.
For more than 145 years, Brown-Forman Corporation has enriched the experience of life by responsibly building fine quality beverage alcohol brands, including Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, Jack Daniel’s & Cola, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Fire, Gentleman Jack, Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel, Finlandia, Korbel, el Jimador, Woodford Reserve, Old Forester, Canadian Mist, Herradura, New Mix, Sonoma-Cutrer, Early Times, Chambord, BenRiach and GlenDronach. Brown-Forman’s brands are supported by nearly 4,600 employees and sold in approximately 160 countries worldwide
For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: NAR Sales
Req Type: Exempt