Brown-Forman Jack Daniel Cooperage 3rd Shift Operations and Maintenance Team Leader (Supervisor) in Trinity, Alabama
Team Leaders will support the full operation and the yard, rotating shifts and core processes as required to support both operations and professional development.
Yard Operations: Responsible for the flow of all pieces of stave and heading raw materials from mills and suppliers to the Jack Daniel Cooperage facility in the manufacture of barrels. Responsible for the creation of a drying plan for all raw materials used in the production of barrels. Supports team members of two shifts in the unloading, stacking and inventorying of all JDC raw materials. In partnership with Maintenance team, coordinates maintenance activities for kilns, pre dryers and yard equipment and machinery. Acts as a liaison, supports and provides input to yard safety programs, environmental guidelines and Housekeeping & Safety guidelines. Supports tasks for yard fueling tanks and waste collection/recycling area.
Production Operations: Responsible for production operations and associated activities at the Jack Daniel Cooperage facility in the manufacture of barrels. Train, develop and coach production employees on the equipment, processes and requirements. Coordinates the activities of support team members in maintenance and boiler operations. Influences the guidelines related to manufacturing specifications, plant safety guidelines and processes and plan quality guidelines.
3rd Shift Hours 9:00 PM - 5:30 AM
• Lead operations and employees in each core process area in barrel production operations and related work including raw material receipt, processing/manufacture, material inspection, repair, inventory, loading and shipment.
• Monitors equipment and systems operation, identifies when repairs and maintenance are needed and works together with maintenance core team to schedule, coordinate and effect repairs and modifications.
• Responsible for the plant materials’ inventory process.
• Observes materials’ quality to material specifications and influences action to correct non-conforming materials.
• Observes wood quality and performance and adjusts production operations and processes to react to changing wood conditions. Communicates wood performance to the JDC Production Team.
• Coach team members to meet barrels produced and meet guidelines and influences the adjustments in equipment or processes as needed to maintain proper size, capacity and other specifications.
• Support team members in plant sanitation activities to meet sanitation guidelines.
• Coach and build a quality and safety culture in alignment with safety guidelines and governmental regulations.
• Assists in planning, development and implementation of process and capital improvements and modifications.
• Provides input and information for budget preparation, strategic planning and establishing plant goals and objectives.
• Execution of plant policies and procedures to ensure compliance with Company/Corporate directed EH&S, Quality, and GMP requirements.
• Must be aware of, willing to conform to, and capable of conforming to the Brown-Forman GMP requirements.
Required Experience & Education:
Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or related field with minimum of 3 years people management experience in a manufacturing environment, or Associates degree in business or technical area with minimum of 5 years management experience in a manufacturing environment, or no advanced degree with 7 or more years applicable people management experience in a manufacturing or production environment.
Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels.
Demonstrated strong influencing and leadership skills including planning, analytical, statistical and problem solving skills.
Knowledge of basic computer applications including word processing and spread sheet applications.
Maintenance/Mechanical aptitude and experience with general production & manufacturing tools and techniques.
Ability to maneuver (tilt, roll or inspect) barrels weighing up to 100 pounds occasionally, climb ladders, stairs and crossovers and generally move about in a manufacturing environment.
Preferred Experience & Education:
Cooperage or wood industry is a plus.
Grade 28 National
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Production
Req ID: JR-00001038