Brown-Forman Associate Engineer - Woodford Reserve Whiskey Maturation and Warehousing in Versailles, Kentucky
Meaningful Work From Day One The Associate Engineer - Whiskey Maturation & Warehousing serves as direct support for the Production Manager - Distillery, Warehouse & Processing. Duties include, but are not limited to: owning barrel yield tracking, trending, and reporting for Woodford Reserve Distillery, managing the warehouse infrastructure, including air handlers, heat cycling, boiler PMs, barrel quality, etc. and partnering with corporate R&D to execute site barrel yield optimization/improvement projects.
What You Can Expect
● Create and document a Theory of Operations for all Air Handling Units
● Liaison with corporate R&D for barrel yield tests and studies
● Serve as the site owner for heat cycling.
● Manage air handling units on warehouses as it relates to yield impact
● Oversee operation of air handling systems, including maintenance, controls and planning by developing PMs in coordination with Maintenance and Engineering.
● Own data collection / studies for the warehousing operations as it pertains to performance yields.
● Track and trend all relevant data related to warehousing and create visual communication tools to share and make it easy to understand barrel performance during the life cycle of the warehouses.
● Cover Plant Production Leader (Supervisor) and Assistant Plant Production Leader roles at Woodford Reserve as needed to develop leadership skills.
● Monitor warehouse inventory to determine optimal liquidation of barrels at Woodford Reserve and Louisville operations.
● Support SAP transactions in both Warehousing and Processing, as needed.
● Develop a barrel entry strategy that streamlines yield while balancing innovation requests.
We Are Looking For People Who
● Have a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical etc.) and 1-3 years of engineering or related engineering experience in a manufacturing or related environment.
● Strong computational skills relevant to discipline
● Demonstrated technical acumen and experience with Google platform (Docs, Sheets, etc.)
● Demonstrated ability to perform and interpret statistical analyses
● Demonstrated communication skills with ability to develop written procedures as well as clear, concise report of technical data
● Demonstrated project leadership and interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate within a matrixed organization
What You Can Add To The Team
● Bachelor's Chemical Engineering
● Experience in distilled spirits industry with a technical scope
● Experience with continuous improvement projects
● SAP experience
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Production
Req ID: JR-00004636