Brown-Forman Guest Services Team Member I - Woodford Reserve in Versailles, Kentucky
Works all roles associated with Woodford Reserve Guest Services to include Tour Guide, Guest Services Coordinator, and Tour Operations Assistant. Able to deliver up to 90 minute walking tours and tasting experiences, set-up and tear-down the tasting room, and perform all front desk operations to include answering phones, greeting guests, printing tickets, and updating tour reservations. Also trained and capable of assisting with drink ticket sales in the bar and supporting the retail operation as needed.
What You Can Expect:
Tour Guide 50%
● Engage guests and build brand connections through compelling brand storytelling experiences
● Deliver 3-5 daily guest experiences, which vary from 30 minute tasting only experiences up to 90 minute + long walking tours of the distillery. Most tours include a 45-minute walking tour followed by a 15-minute tasting experience.
● Manage and lead groups of up to 30 guests through the Woodford Reserve Distillery
● Conduct public and private tours of the distillery, delivering a super premium guest experience.
● Answer questions about Brown-Forman and Woodford Reserve history while on tour.
● Answer questions pertaining to the fermentation, distillation, cooperage, maturation, and bottling components of the Woodford Reserve process.
● Answer questions about the various Woodford Reserve expressions.
● Confirm guest counts and demographic breakouts with Guest Services before beginning the tour.
● Call guests in the lobby, bar, and retail to ensure all guests are present before beginning the tour.
● Conduct special/promotional tours and tastings as needed Guest Services Coordinator
● Serve as the first point of contact and greet guests upon arrival to the distillery.
● Process tickets according to the confirmed tour experience.
● Process credit card and cash payments for guest tour experiences.
● Verify guest identification and annotate Under 21 and “no-id” guests accordingly.
● Communicate confirmed tour size and demographic breakout to the tasting room and tour guide.
● Process refunds as required.
● Direct guests and facilitate foot traffic in the distillery lobby.
● Answer distillery phones and respond to guest inquiries for all areas of the operation.
● Book and adjust tour reservations as necessary and as required.
● Responsible for the guest services cash drawers.
● Resolve guest concerns and involve Tour Captains and Guest Services Manager as necessary.
Tour Operations Assistant
● Ensure tasting rooms are set according to Woodford Reserve Distillery tasting room guidelines to include the placement of water, food item, and tasting expressions.
● Ensure expression pours are measured in accordance with the individual tour experience and responsibility guidelines.
● Monitor Xola and confirm with Guest Services to ensure the tasting room is set to the appropriate guest count and demographic breakout (i.e. adults and minors).
● Greet and welcome guests as they enter the tasting rooms.
● Inventory tasting room supplies weekly and informs Tour Captains of shortages.
● Monitor tour guide timing during tastings to ensure tours rotate through the tasting in a timely manner.
● Clean dishes in between tours.
● Pre-set tasting room cart for next day at the end of the previous day's shift.
What You Bring to the Table:
● Education - High School Diploma
● Minimum one year of experience in hospitality, retail or spirits/wine industry.
● Flexible Schedule. Weekends required. While hours are typically during the day, must be flexible in availability to work holidays and some evenings.
● Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
● Ability to provide exceptional customer service.
● Ability to work in a fluid and fast-paced environment.
● Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and duties at the same time in a public-facing facility.
● Must be able to demonstrate the prioritization of safety and customer service at all times.
● Physically capable of standing for long periods of time.
● Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Marketing
Req ID: JR-00005947