Brown-Forman Human Resources Manager - Woodford Reserve Distillery and the Old Forester Distillery in Versailles, Kentucky
Meaningful Work From Day One... Lead all Human Resource initiatives for the Woodford Reserve Distillery and the Old Forester Distillery, supporting 85+ employees. Responsible for performance and leadership coaching, employee development, positive employee relations strategies and various other activities to build management strength and leadership capability. Fosters a culture of teamwork and continuous improvement. Promotes a shared understanding of organizational values, operating principles, and cultural change imperatives and work to align HR policies and processes to support the achievement of business goals.
What You Can Expect...
o Engage regularly with the teams supporting to create a positive and productive employee relations environment while providing feedback for pro-active intervention and resolution of people-related concerns. Proactively ensure positive employee relations strategies are in place and making an impact to a positive culture across all levels.
Coach & Facilitate:
o Provide direction and support on day to day HR management processes, facilitating the execution of people and business strategies through people and organizational development.
o Ability to develop creative strategies, problem solving options based on evaluation of needs and clear deliverables and timelines.
o Partner with leaders and employees to support people development strategies/plans, coach employees, performance management, training, etc.
o Provide direction and support on the process to ensure robust conversations occur between managers and employees regarding performance, including honest and accurate feedback, and the process in place to facilitate goal alignment, rating decisions, merit and bonus decisions.
o Partner with the business leader(s) for the appropriate assessment of talent recognizing the highest potential employees in your groups require transparency in their messages and detailed development plans linked to key positions in the organization.
o Supporting the full organization in its ability to build their own development plans to support growth in place and /or pointed towards career interests ensuring their success and readiness for those roles.
o Partner with People Development in 70/20/10 training needs and connecting individuals to this resource.
Change & Diversity Management:
o Lead by example in the diversity and inclusion strategy for the company actively engaging in this work and creating an environment of inclusive leadership.
o Partner with leaders in change efforts for the organization providing the structure and framework that facilitates the desired outcome.
We Are Looking For People Who...
Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years in depth Human Resources Employee Relations experience with experience working in a manufacturing or related environment i.e. warehousing, distribution etc.
• Demonstrated experience aligning HR initiatives to the business needs as part of a cross-functional leadership team.
• Demonstrated ability to provide coaching and counsel on sensitive employee, leader and organization issues
• Demonstrated knowledge of applicable employment and labor laws
• Demonstrated ability to communicate and facilitate discussions and/or training in one-on-one and group setting.
• High degree of personal credibility stemming from the person’s ability to be objective, confidential, exercise integrity and sound judgment.
• Demonstrated interest and willingness to engage with the organization at all levels – giving of expertise, sharing frameworks for success, and opportunities to work with and through issues, plans and projects
• Excellent collaboration, relationship, communication, coaching and influencing skills
What You Can Add...
Education: Masters Degree (M.A., MBA or Equivalent); Business or Human Resources
Experience: • Master’s degree in business or HR related discipline
• PHR, SPHR, or other related HR certifications.
• Corporate and manufacturing experience, both union and non-union
• Project management experience
Grade 30 National
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Production
Req ID: JR-00002038