Brown-Forman Logistics Supervisor in Versailles, Kentucky
Responsible for safety, morale, quality, productivity, delivery and cost in the Woodford Reserve Logistics Department that ships over 1M cases annually. Oversee all activities related to shipment of customer orders of Woodford Reserve, from receipt through arrival at final destination, including inventory management, resource optimization, and regulatory compliance. Schedule daily and weekly production activities and assign duties and responsibilities for a minimum of 3 operators. Lead and coach employees in the proper performance of duties, provide training and address performance issues. Review and submit payroll on a weekly basis. Approve vacation and personal day requests. Administer attendance-related discipline as needed. Control labor costs and expenditures and supervise operations within department productivity targets and budget. Supervise operations to achieve established standards for sanitation, quality, safety and continuous improvement.
● Manage and drive key leader metrics, including conducting Take a Minute for safety, performing area assessments and resolving all corrective actions in a timely manner meeting Leadership Engagement metrics.
● Maintain a safe work environment and promote accident prevention by eliminating potential hazards.
● Effectively manage incident response process, including educating team on and ensuring accountability for following policy.
● Understand and adhere to federal, state and local regulations.
● Actively engage with and own relevant aspects of site EHS compliance metrics.
● Leverage job-specific training to empower team members to fully perform the core functions of the job with self-initiative and accountability for their work and the goals of the team.
● Consistently educate team on and enforce all company policies.
● Apply inclusive leader strategies to create a work environment where all employees feel empowered and engaged.
● Actively seek diversity of thought when working to solve problems, overcome challenges and innovate.
● Develops Standard Operating Procedures for department and trains employees accordingly.
● Track quality of carrier service, especially late, on-time and missed shipments.
● Research distributor/consumer discrepancies / complaints and partner with quality to resolve.
Productivity & Delivery
● Coordinate order shipments, including preparation and filing of commercial paperwork, planning with scheduling and bottling, scheduling carriers and customs brokers, monitoring the accuracy of order picking, and auditing and balancing computer shipment records.
● Maintain daily shipment transactions in SAP, including any necessary changes to an order for accurate invoicing and case goods inventory.
● Complete shipment paperwork, including bill of lading, government forms, certificates and letters to distributor or customer, depending upon customer specifications. Distribute and file paperwork within specific time limits set by department.
● Partner with corporate and plant supply chain teams to maintain optimum inventory levels of all products, efficiently utilizing resources in support of those activities.
● Manage By the Barrel programs including the oversight of sample shipments liaising with Brand Management on applicable program needs.
● Assist with co-packing efforts with external warehouses.
● Ensures compliance with all TTB regulations and reporting guidelines.
● Maintains all FET tax related records and ensures the proper and timely payment of all tax obligations. Tracks and reconciles tax payments including reconciliation with Distillery TTB reports.
● Maintain DOT, IATA and IMDG certification, serving as plant point of contact and confirming appropriate shipping documents.
● Manage Proof of Export process and reporting.
● Participate in TTB audits, responding to questions/problems and developing procedures and standards to correct any deficiencies.
● Assist Planning Manager with maintaining accurate SAP records for all product movement (production, shipments, location transfers, damaged goods, product returns, misc. transfers and physical inventory adjustments). Research and reconcile inventory discrepancies.
● Conduct cycle counts on raw materials and finished goods, including researching and reconciling differences with production team.
● Support team in operational problem resolutions, continuous improvement and standardizing production processes.
● Engage in TPM training and integration into Woodford Reserve.
● Assist in preparation of capital and operational budgets and Capital Appropriations Requests, including vendor sourcing and account responsibility.
● Leverage resources effectively to meet plant KPIs per budget standards.
● Participate in budget and capital development.
● Manage labor/overhead budget.
● Develop and implement cost savings projects.
● Review and approve for payment external warehouse invoices for WRD-produced finished goods storage, rework and further movement.
Required Experience & Education:
● Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field with 2 to 3 years related logistics and/or inventory experience in a production facility; or an Associate’s Degree and 3 to 5 years logistics and/or inventory experience in a business or production environment maintaining records and accurately processing paperwork; or 5 plus years related logistics and/or inventory experience; or equivalent education/experience combination.
● Demonstrated interpersonal skills. Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of personnel, internal and external.
● Demonstrated oral and written communication skills. Ability to prepare effective management reports and clearly relay information to all levels of the company. Ability to write clear and definitive procedures.
● Ability to manage independently and complete assigned workload within established deadlines in a high-volume consumer goods industry.
● Experience with computer software, Salesforce, Google platforms or similar software.
● Demonstrated analytical and mathematical skills. Ability to manage details accurately.
● Ability to work additional hours and/or shifts to meet departmental goals, including weekends as needed.
● Supervisory experience.
Preferred Experience & Education:
Education: Masters Degree (M.A., MBA or Equivalent); MBA or master's degree
● SAP experience within distilled spirits industry
● Knowledge of transportation modes, services, facilities, equipment, claims, and rates.
● Knowledge of export documentation/customs requirements.
● Demonstrated experience in consumer packaging.
● Supervisory experience.
Grade 27 National
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Production
Req ID: JR-00000658