Brown-Forman Operations Supervisor-3rd shift-Woodford Reserve Distillery in Versailles, Kentucky
Meaningful Work From Day One:
Coordinate and supervise distillery and processing/regauge operations on night shift in
accordance with company standards and government regulations. Provide direct supervision
and leadership for the night shift distillery team (7 operators) and night shift
regauge/processing team on Tract 2 (5 operators), optimizing individual professional
development and team performance. Production activities include mashing, yeasting,
fermentation, distillation, barrelling, pulling and dumping barrels, and processing liquid. Ensure
a safe workplace by taking a proactive approach to improving and maintaining safe work
conditions and practices. Under direction of the Production Manager, and in conjunction with
other site leaders, develop production schedules and ensure all personnel, materials and
equipment needs are met. This is a 3rd shift position, 10pm-6:30am.
This role will require being on call on rotating weekends and
What You Can Expect:
● Supervise the Distillery and Processing/Reguage departments by prioritizing safety and
quality while driving for a high level of efficiency within a cost competitive environment.
● Monitor line performance and OEE using the TrackSYS and PAX systems. Leverage data to
develop and execute continuous improvement projects.
● Investigate equipment/system failures while providing troubleshooting guidance to
● Support maintenance and engineering organizations by utilizing work order process,
preventive maintenance programs, equipment downtime tracking and capital work
● Update, create and implement standard operating procedures to accurately and
effectively run operations.
● Develop, implement and evaluate job specific skills training for all team members.
● Accurately manage SAP transactions in conjunction with the SAP Operations
Coordinators to ensure that all barrel inventories, whiskey inventories and tanker
movements are correct.
● Provide guidance, administrative and technical support to the operations team including
training, coaching, accountability, and defining problems while linking solutions to the
● Partner with quality to ensure that all lab criteria are met (i.e calibrations, HKS, SQF)
● Facilitate daily shift meetings for direction setting
● Review, and submit time in Workday for the regauge and processing operators.
What You Bring to the Table:
● Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 2 years manufacturing leadership experience, or
associate’s degree with 3 years related experience, or, in lieu of degree, at least 4 years
manufacturing leadership experience.
● Demonstrated leadership ability. Strong interpersonal skills; able to develop and
maintain effective working relationships with all levels of the organization.
● Ability to manage and complete assigned workload within established deadlines and to
constantly seek new improvement ideas.
● Ability to work additional hours and/or shifts as needed to meet departmental goals
(including weekends as needed).
● Ability to work under tight time constraints to meet departmental goals.
● Ability to implement employee engagement processes and contribute to the growth of
● Demonstrated ability to use computer software with general computer skills.
What Makes You Unique:
● Experience in distilled spirits industry and/or warehousing and processing environments
● Experience with continuous improvement projects
● SAP experience
● Google applications
● Organizational Skills
● Mechanical experience
● Managing major projects or initiatives.
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Supply Chain
Req ID: JR-00006849